Faulty Eagletac SX25L2 XM-L2 ??? Help please.....

Chenery88

Newly Enlightened
I am after help from the experts.....So having read Selfbuilt's excellent review I pulled the trigger on the SX25L2 XM-L2....shipped all the way from the US....only to turn it on and it seems defective. I would appreciate your thoughts...

After unpacking and removing the plastic shipping spacer....With head tightened I pressed the button expecting 1049 ANSI lumens and I get a very low mode - barely enough to reach the ceiling in daytime :crazy: Then I loosen the head and the power increases but only to what looks to be around 100 lumens then as I continue to loosen the head it goes back to the equivalent of the first dim level then next it just goes off as you continue to unscrew the head section (which I appreciate is an effective lockout).
The UI should be Turbo -> High -> Medium -> Low (in normal mode)
I get Low -> Medium (at best) -> low -> off....to my eye it is at best: 6 lumen, 100 lumen, 6 lumen then off.
I cannot activate the tactical settings at all, or get the hidden strobe/SOS functions. I can however activate the double click n hold strobe which shows the led can go very bright.
Anyway t troubleshoot I have cleaned the contact areas, I have checked the battery voltage and made sure it was charged (8.15 volts on multimeter and also the Led indicator shows solid blue on the flashlight itself)) but no joy.

Anyone else have similar? Anyone help with what might be wrong and suggest a reliable solution as I want to avoid around $60 return postage with the inevitable knock on delay.
I bought from a reputable well known CPF dealer who I have e-mailed and also contacted on their web form but as yet no response (but admittedly it has only been a few of their opening hours). I need this flashlight to be reliable for LEO work...
SOS please......which I would send up with my Eagletac if I could get it to work... :thinking:

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am an LEO and use my SX25L2 for patrol work. I have had great luck with mine and no problems whatsoever. If I can think of something about your light I will let you know. Hopefully you can get it figured out but regardless Eagletac will take care of you.

Chenery88

Newly Enlightened
I hope so...it is my first Eagletac and as you know the important thing is it works reliably...glad it is serving you well..

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have and have had probably around 20 Eagletac lights. So far I have not had any problems with any with one exception. I sold an as new MX25L3C with Nichia 219 and somehow when the buyer received it the light was DOA. I had it packed well and there was no damage to the box so it is a mystery. Even still, I contacted my dealer and explained the whole situation. He helped me figure out the problem was in the head and said send it back. Then they shipped me a new head and all is well. :) That was some serious customer service!

Chenery88

Newly Enlightened
Well the dealer has responded same day as the email I sent :grin2: They have advised an RMA which although a pain they have said they will cover return shipping and send out a new one on receipt. I can't ask for more than that :cool:
Read a few horror threads last night about having to wait for the Eagletac units to be sent back to China and repaired with weeks of delay adding up to months total turn around...but so far this sounds promising which is what I would expect as faulty on receipt .... But you never know how a companies CS will respond until tested...
So far so good. Not as good as a working torch on receipt but as good as can be expected so far.
So in that vain a thumbs up and I will name the dealer as GoingGear :thumbsup: As good service deserves a mention...

Now gotta pray the posties don't lose the parcel! :whistle::whistle:

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just so you know, the loop style C cell Maglite holders work perfectly with this light. I am talking about the kind that are like belt keepers and are out of the way until you want to stick the light through it.

Chenery88

Newly Enlightened
Just so you know, the loop style C cell Maglite holders work perfectly with this light. I am talking about the kind that are like belt keepers and are out of the way until you want to stick the light through it.

Cheers....that'll probably be worth getting for that hands free, hands on moment - as you reach for the cuffs ;)

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cheers....that'll probably be worth getting for that hands free, hands on moment - as you reach for the cuffs ;)

Exactly. The ring stays down and unnoticed but is there when you need it. The holster takes up too much space for most people to put on a duty belt. I actually use this as one of my belt keepers, too, so it doesn't take up any extra space on my belt. :)

Chenery88

Newly Enlightened
Replacement arrived...quick check and the modes and torch function as expected...now got to say goodbye to it for a month as the Missus has stolen it for a birthday present... But the first sample was definitely suspect and never did work out why. Again a note of praise to GoingGear for the good customer service. Now roll on birthday so I can take it out to play ;)

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Replacement arrived...quick check and the modes and torch function as expected...now got to say goodbye to it for a month as the Missus has stolen it for a birthday present... But the first sample was definitely suspect and never did work out why. Again a note of praise to GoingGear for the good customer service. Now roll on birthday so I can take it out to play ;)

Glad to hear the replacement is working properly. It is a great patrol light, especially when you are searching larger areas or on traffic stops. I almost feel ashamed when I turn it on next to what the other officers carry. ;)

Latest posts