long aa light

lanterna

Newly Enlightened
from times to times i see in the news police in USA using long (maybe 6 or seven AAs) flashlights vith a 4-5 cm head.could someone tell me what light is that?

Entropy

Enlightened
Are you sure that they are AA lights?

More likely they are Li-Ion rechargables or CR123-powered lights. (CR123s are slightly fatter than AAs, and much shorter. Very popular for powering high-end lights like Surefires.)

I have never seen anything longer than a 3xAA light - Any more AAs and then it's always at least 2 strings of AAs side-by-side.

Monsters_Inc

Banned
I can't help but feel UltraStinger fits the shape description - the camera adds ten pounds, so while the officers would look fatter, the flashlights would appear to be thinner.
smile.gif

B@rt

Flashaholic
I remember a pic of such a light that was scanned from a magazine. It had another pic with a smashed pumpkin too.
twak.gif
tongue.gif

The barrel of the light was extra thick for added strength...

I searched for it back then, but couldn't find any further info.
frown.gif

hope this helps a bit,

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think we're talking about "The Brute" made by cold steel:

fca870dd.jpg

Link to bigger picture (can just make out the text)

***EDIT***

Ahh B@rt beats me again
smile.gif

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the Brute runs from 7 AA's, it's just crying out for a 5w LS mod.

B@rt we were all waiting for you to come up with a watermelon gif
winkie.GIF

arioch

Enlightened
Does anyone know if this light is still being sold by Cold Steel or retailers? I just checked the Cold Steel website, and didn't see it there. Looks like a very interesting light, kind of like the ASP batonlight.
tongue.gif

Raven

Enlightened
I am surprised that no one at cpf has a brute flashlight. I'd love to read a review of one.

PS: Wow, I just did 3 or 4 different google searches for this flashlight, and got nada, so you know it must be rare. I think it would be quite a trophy for a serious collector.

Raven

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
The brute has been mentioned off and on since I first came to CPF. I have thought about trying to commission one on several occations by the ModMen.

Latest posts