Fenix Headband Ordered . . . . USPS tracking number doesn't even show its 'Accepted'

JedSmith

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys. I'd like your opinion on something please. I ordered a Fenix headband off of ebay last Monday. Paid extra to have it shipped to me Priority Mail since I need it right away. I used the link to the tracking number and it comes back with nothing, nada. I've seen 'no tracking information available yet, check back later' and 'invalid tracking number' before with USPS packages, but never have I seen no information at all. I contacted the seller and they wrote that they 'opened an investigation with the postal service', but that this would take two weeks & might produce no results, and that they would have to wait three weeks after that to file a claim with an insurance company. :ironic: 'insurance company' ? - - with USPS mail ? No 'sorry this happened' or efforts to get me what I need - just all this baloney in their reply.
Well, the whole thing sounds very suspicious. I don't have any evidence on my end that they even shipped the package. I wrote my email reply and told them that this was unacceptable and that I don't even have proof that they sent the package. I also told them I will open a case with ebay. Heck, this is only day 4 since placing the order, but the black hole around the tracking number and their response to my inquiry threw up a red flag for me. They do have a high buyer rating on ebay, however. I just wanted to have the Fenix flashlight headband by this weekend - looks like that ain't gonna happen.
What do you guys think of the situation ? Thanks.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
From my little experience USPS is not very reliable. That said when something similar happened to me and I got a refund pretty quickly. They should refund you and then deal with the insurance themselves! What's the seller rating on ebay?

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not trying to stick up for the seller, but it sounds like you are questioning the "insurance company" reference -- I wanted to let you know that ebay has started offering some sort of "alternative" insurance option when sellers go to ship items. It is NOT through the USPS...I didn't really understand how it worked or who was behind it...and I definitely didn't care for the terms of service I read when I was considering using them.

Their "service" was literally only about .20 or .30 cents cheaper than the USPS insurance, so I just always go for the USPS insurance now. Maybe your seller used their "service" instead...I do recall that it seemed like it would take forever to make a claim with them when I read their TOS.

FWIW...