Acebeam        
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 158

Thread: Any word yet on Firefoxes FF5?

  1. #31
    *Flashaholic* LuxLuthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    10,401

    Default Re: Any word yet on Firefoxes FF5?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1234 View Post
    https://es.aliexpress.com/item/40012...65bc7b69KPnYf8


    Tons of photos here


    Looks like you can buy a spare carrier, diffuser lens, and bulb. you can also buy a rechargeable battery pack it looks like.
    Unfortunately that site is not English. Wonder if Neil has them.

  2. #32
    Flashaholic* Alex1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bear Delaware
    Posts
    3,981

    Default Re: Any word yet on Firefoxes FF5?

    Quote Originally Posted by LuxLuthor View Post
    Unfortunately that site is not English. Wonder if Neil has them.
    I know its not English. However it was the only place I could find that many photos of the light and its parts.
    Flashlights: R90TS, Maxtoch Xsword L2K LEP, K75vn, Fire Fox FF-5 3400k, Fire Fox FF-5 6000K, Wowtac A4, K1VN90, Weben L60, Fenix LD42, W10VN, BLF 18650 flashlight, UVBEAST V3, LM10VN90, Brandless LEP, F21VN, E10VN VNX2 W2.1, Nitcore TIP SE


  3. #33
    *Flashaholic* LuxLuthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    10,401

    Default Re: Any word yet on Firefoxes FF5?

    I had a conversation with Neal, and he said he can get spare carriers that are also compatible with FF3 & FF4, but will take a week.

  4. #34
    Flashaholic* Alex1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bear Delaware
    Posts
    3,981

    Default Re: Any word yet on Firefoxes FF5?

    Quote Originally Posted by LuxLuthor View Post
    I had a conversation with Neal, and he said he can get spare carriers that are also compatible with FF3 & FF4, but will take a week.
    Great news
    Flashlights: R90TS, Maxtoch Xsword L2K LEP, K75vn, Fire Fox FF-5 3400k, Fire Fox FF-5 6000K, Wowtac A4, K1VN90, Weben L60, Fenix LD42, W10VN, BLF 18650 flashlight, UVBEAST V3, LM10VN90, Brandless LEP, F21VN, E10VN VNX2 W2.1, Nitcore TIP SE


  5. #35
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,582

    Default Re: Any word yet on Firefoxes FF5?

    Excellent news!!!
    ampdude

  6. #36
    *Flashaholic* LuxLuthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    10,401

    Default Re: Any word yet on Firefoxes FF5?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1234 View Post
    Great news
    Again I HIGHLY recommend you buy 1 or 2 spare battery carriers, as there was a significant failure rate with those in the FF3 & FF4. I was able to dremel the sides of one I had that no longer worked and fix the connections, but Neil quoted me a price of $25/carrier. I contacted him by FB messenger. He currently has no extras, and I知 hopeful that he can get them from China/Korea or wherever these are made.

    I値l let you guys know how this goes. I知 not sure where Neil is operating out of. Not sure if he is in the USA.
    Last edited by LuxLuthor; 07-26-2020 at 11:55 PM.

  7. #37

    Default Re: Any word yet on Firefoxes FF5?

    Quote Originally Posted by LuxLuthor View Post
    Again I HIGHLY recommend you buy 1 or 2 spare battery carriers, as there was a significant failure rate with those in the FF3 & FF4. I was able to dremel the sides of one I had that no longer worked and fix the connections, but Neil quoted me a price of $25/carrier. I contacted him by FB messenger. He currently has no extras, and I知 hopeful that he can get them from China/Korea or wherever these are made.

    I値l let you guys know how this goes. I知 not sure where Neil is operating out of. Not sure if he is in the USA.
    I believe Neal's Gadgets operates out of China. Hong Kong maybe? He's a pretty reputable vendor. Caught some flack lately but probably due to the pandemic and other situations out of his control.

    Glad to see that the carrier will be available separately, knowing its history in the FF4 and older models.
    Who needs to see the light at the end of the tunnel when you have friends on CPF?
    My flashlight videos: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...9TIYcGeuBXa5m0

  8. #38
    Flashaholic kashmir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    123

    Default Re: Any word yet on Firefoxes FF5?

    The aliexpress website Alex listed in post #30 can be converted to English. Click on the American flag at the top of the page, pick English as the language, click on "Guardar", which must be the word save in Spanish.

  9. #39
    *Flashaholic* LuxLuthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    10,401

    Default Re: Any word yet on Firefoxes FF5?

    Quote Originally Posted by kashmir View Post
    The aliexpress website Alex listed in post #30 can be converted to English. Click on the American flag at the top of the page, pick English as the language, click on "Guardar", which must be the word save in Spanish.
    Yes, thank you. I知 happy dealing with Neil for now, not sure how easy that Spanish site would be to order from. Also that website has a .ru Russian url. No thanks.
    Last edited by LuxLuthor; 07-28-2020 at 02:02 AM.

  10. #40
    *Flashaholic* BVH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    CentCalCoast
    Posts
    6,718

    Default Re: Any word yet on Firefoxes FF5?

    Lux, does the FF5 carrier in the pics look of similar type construction as the 3 & 4 carriers? Let us know how to order one when you are successful in getting yours ordered. I don't use nor ever go to facebook so maybe there is some other way you can find when you communicate with him again?

    Got shipping notice on my 6500K version.
    Last edited by BVH; 07-28-2020 at 08:39 AM.
    WWII 60" Carbon Arc (Sold), 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW VSS-3A, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600W M-134 Light, 500W X-500-14s, 500W Starburst, 500W A120b, 450 Watt AEG German Leopard 1 Tank Light, 300W Locators, Megaray, 150W Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, Syniosbeam by Enderman

  11. #41
    Flashaholic* Alex1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bear Delaware
    Posts
    3,981

    Default Re: Any word yet on Firefoxes FF5?

    Quote Originally Posted by BVH View Post
    Lux, does the FF5 carrier in the pics look of similar type construction as the 3 & 4 carriers? Let us know how to order one when you are successful in getting yours ordered. I don't use nor ever go to facebook so maybe there is some other way you can find when you communicate with him again?

    Got shipping notice on my 6500K version.
    I wonder why I haven't received my tracking yet. I ordered the 4300k version 2 weeks ago.
    Flashlights: R90TS, Maxtoch Xsword L2K LEP, K75vn, Fire Fox FF-5 3400k, Fire Fox FF-5 6000K, Wowtac A4, K1VN90, Weben L60, Fenix LD42, W10VN, BLF 18650 flashlight, UVBEAST V3, LM10VN90, Brandless LEP, F21VN, E10VN VNX2 W2.1, Nitcore TIP SE


  12. #42
    Flashaholic* LumenHound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,796

    Default Re: Any word yet on Firefoxes FF5?

    Thought the "estimated" ship date from a few weeks back was July 30th or so?

  13. #43
    *Flashaholic* BVH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    CentCalCoast
    Posts
    6,718

    Default Re: Any word yet on Firefoxes FF5?

    Shows the carrier is DHL Express from Hong Kong to Van Nuys, CA then to final destination. Doesn't show any movement yet.
    WWII 60" Carbon Arc (Sold), 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW VSS-3A, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600W M-134 Light, 500W X-500-14s, 500W Starburst, 500W A120b, 450 Watt AEG German Leopard 1 Tank Light, 300W Locators, Megaray, 150W Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, Syniosbeam by Enderman

  14. #44
    *Flashaholic* LuxLuthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    10,401

    Default Re: Any word yet on Firefoxes FF5?

    Quote Originally Posted by BVH View Post
    Lux, does the FF5 carrier in the pics look of similar type construction as the 3 & 4 carriers? Let us know how to order one when you are successful in getting yours ordered. I don't use nor ever go to facebook so maybe there is some other way you can find when you communicate with him again?
    Sure will. He did say it was backwards compatible with FF3&4. The company making these is in southern China, and Neil is in Northern China. He said he can get them, but he has not confirmed more details to my questions yet. So we will see.

  15. #45
    *Flashaholic* LuxLuthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    10,401

    Default Re: Any word yet on Firefoxes FF5?

    Neil just added and sent me this link for ordering extra battery holders (only $25) here:

    https://www.nealsgadgets.com/collect...32374210232394

    He has not been able to get to CPF because they are apparently blocking .CH sources likely to prevent hacking.

  16. #46
    Flashaholic* Alex1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bear Delaware
    Posts
    3,981

    Default Re: Any word yet on Firefoxes FF5?

    Quote Originally Posted by LuxLuthor View Post
    Neil just added and sent me this link for ordering extra battery holders (only $25) here:

    https://www.nealsgadgets.com/collect...32374210232394

    He has not been able to get to CPF because they are apparently blocking .CH sources likely to prevent hacking.
    I just ordered myself a spare bulb, battery carrier, lens and diffuser
    Flashlights: R90TS, Maxtoch Xsword L2K LEP, K75vn, Fire Fox FF-5 3400k, Fire Fox FF-5 6000K, Wowtac A4, K1VN90, Weben L60, Fenix LD42, W10VN, BLF 18650 flashlight, UVBEAST V3, LM10VN90, Brandless LEP, F21VN, E10VN VNX2 W2.1, Nitcore TIP SE


  17. #47
    *Flashaholic* LuxLuthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    10,401

    Default Re: Any word yet on Firefoxes FF5?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1234 View Post
    I just ordered myself a spare bulb, battery carrier, lens and diffuser
    Where from?

  18. #48
    Flashaholic* Alex1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bear Delaware
    Posts
    3,981

    Default Re: Any word yet on Firefoxes FF5?

    Quote Originally Posted by LuxLuthor View Post
    Where from?
    that link you posted. there is a drop down for the other accessories
    Flashlights: R90TS, Maxtoch Xsword L2K LEP, K75vn, Fire Fox FF-5 3400k, Fire Fox FF-5 6000K, Wowtac A4, K1VN90, Weben L60, Fenix LD42, W10VN, BLF 18650 flashlight, UVBEAST V3, LM10VN90, Brandless LEP, F21VN, E10VN VNX2 W2.1, Nitcore TIP SE


  19. #49
    *Flashaholic* LuxLuthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    10,401

    Default Re: Any word yet on Firefoxes FF5?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1234 View Post
    that link you posted. there is a drop down for the other accessories
    Oh yeah, I see it now. Thanks

  20. #50
    Flashaholic* Alex1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bear Delaware
    Posts
    3,981

    Default Re: Any word yet on Firefoxes FF5?

    Quote Originally Posted by BVH View Post
    Shows the carrier is DHL Express from Hong Kong to Van Nuys, CA then to final destination. Doesn't show any movement yet.

    I never received an email of shipment of my FF5 however i did receive a text from DHL for an express package. However i order a lot of stuff and i am not to sure its the FF5. Does yours have the same shipper address ?
    fire fox ff5 dlh shipment by Alex Littig, on Flickr
    Flashlights: R90TS, Maxtoch Xsword L2K LEP, K75vn, Fire Fox FF-5 3400k, Fire Fox FF-5 6000K, Wowtac A4, K1VN90, Weben L60, Fenix LD42, W10VN, BLF 18650 flashlight, UVBEAST V3, LM10VN90, Brandless LEP, F21VN, E10VN VNX2 W2.1, Nitcore TIP SE


  21. #51

    Default Re: Any word yet on Firefoxes FF5?

    I got the same notification this morning as well. It's the only think I've ordered lately, so it has to be the FF5.
    Who needs to see the light at the end of the tunnel when you have friends on CPF?
    My flashlight videos: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...9TIYcGeuBXa5m0

  22. #52
    Flashaholic* Alex1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bear Delaware
    Posts
    3,981

    Default Re: Any word yet on Firefoxes FF5?

    Quote Originally Posted by badtziscool View Post
    I got the same notification this morning as well. It's the only think I've ordered lately, so it has to be the FF5.
    I cant wait
    Flashlights: R90TS, Maxtoch Xsword L2K LEP, K75vn, Fire Fox FF-5 3400k, Fire Fox FF-5 6000K, Wowtac A4, K1VN90, Weben L60, Fenix LD42, W10VN, BLF 18650 flashlight, UVBEAST V3, LM10VN90, Brandless LEP, F21VN, E10VN VNX2 W2.1, Nitcore TIP SE


  23. #53
    *Flashaholic* LuxLuthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    10,401

    Default Re: Any word yet on Firefoxes FF5?

    Let us know how receipt goes! I have not yet received a shipping invoice.

  24. #54
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,582

    Default Re: Any word yet on Firefoxes FF5?

    Lux, I put my order in the 30th and have not received one either. Really looking forward to the light. But I'm not in a huge hurry, I would rather that they package everything well and get the order right than be in a hurry to ship. The ordering process was pretty painless. This light really looks like a gem. I might be one of the few people to have an FF3, FF4, and FF5. That would be cool. Only thing I wouldn't have is the FF4 65W version.
    Last edited by ampdude; 08-02-2020 at 11:26 PM.
    ampdude

  25. #55
    *Flashaholic* LuxLuthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    10,401

    Default Re: Any word yet on Firefoxes FF5?

    Quote Originally Posted by ampdude View Post
    Lux, I put my order in the 30th and have not received one either. Really looking forward to the light. But I'm not in a huge hurry, I would rather that they package everything well and get the order right than be in a hurry to ship. The ordering process was pretty painless. This light really looks like a gem. I might be one of the few people to have an FF3, FF4, and FF5. That would be cool. Only thing I wouldn't have is the FF4 65W version.
    Yeah, I also have a FF3 & 4. Don't sweat the 65W silver bezel model, it only added 5W which is not enough to see on a practical basis.

    I did get a message back from "Neil" that the order I placed with spare holder & bulb are due in on Tues or Wed, after which he will ship all together.

    It's still hard for me to imagine this is able to output 100W vs. FF4 60-65W. We shall see. I'm expecting a brief 100W before heat shuts it down...or I will to be safe..
    Last edited by LuxLuthor; 08-03-2020 at 09:47 PM.

  26. #56
    Flashaholic* Alex1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bear Delaware
    Posts
    3,981

    Default Re: Any word yet on Firefoxes FF5?

    I just got my FF5. I through in some cheap batteries as thats all I had at work so its acting weird on high mode. It will just randomly almost shut off but the bulb will be on flickering very very dimly. If i turn it off and on it works again I'm hoping its to due to my crappy batteries and not the light being defective. However it ran on high mode long enough to see how bright it is. I 100% believe the 10,000 lumen claim. Its really freaking bright. Very neat clean beam aswell
    Flashlights: R90TS, Maxtoch Xsword L2K LEP, K75vn, Fire Fox FF-5 3400k, Fire Fox FF-5 6000K, Wowtac A4, K1VN90, Weben L60, Fenix LD42, W10VN, BLF 18650 flashlight, UVBEAST V3, LM10VN90, Brandless LEP, F21VN, E10VN VNX2 W2.1, Nitcore TIP SE


  27. #57
    Flashaholic* Alex1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bear Delaware
    Posts
    3,981

    Default Re: Any word yet on Firefoxes FF5?

    The FF5 came in its FF5 box that was in another outer box that was in a dhl bag. as you can see even there is foam protecting all sides of the light, however there is enough free space for the light to bounce around. I dont really like that. this could have been packaged better imo. also the box is a little beat up but it survived. The beam shoot is the best i could do at the moment. i shined it on the filing cabinet because anywhere else it just looks like an over exposed blob.

    ff57 by Alex Littig, on Flickr

    ff55 by Alex Littig, on Flickr

    ff51 by Alex Littig, on Flickr

    ff52 by Alex Littig, on Flickr

    ff53 by Alex Littig, on Flickr

    ff54 by Alex Littig, on Flickr

    ff58 by Alex Littig, on Flickr
    Flashlights: R90TS, Maxtoch Xsword L2K LEP, K75vn, Fire Fox FF-5 3400k, Fire Fox FF-5 6000K, Wowtac A4, K1VN90, Weben L60, Fenix LD42, W10VN, BLF 18650 flashlight, UVBEAST V3, LM10VN90, Brandless LEP, F21VN, E10VN VNX2 W2.1, Nitcore TIP SE


  28. #58
    *Flashaholic* BVH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    CentCalCoast
    Posts
    6,718

    Default Re: Any word yet on Firefoxes FF5?

    Mine arrived but no time to play with. What I did notice is that the very front of the lamp is about 2+mm off center. I am sure 95% of these lights go to enthusiasts and enthusiasts are going to care about lamp alignment. I do, so the mis-alignment bothers me. Disappointing in that respect. The reflector is pretty ringy visually. Probably won't matter in real use. Mine arrived packaged the same as Alex's. I sure hope it's the 6500K I ordered.

    One of the two silicone orings tried to squish out when tightening the body to the head. Tighten carefully.
    Last edited by BVH; 08-04-2020 at 05:01 PM.
    WWII 60" Carbon Arc (Sold), 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW VSS-3A, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600W M-134 Light, 500W X-500-14s, 500W Starburst, 500W A120b, 450 Watt AEG German Leopard 1 Tank Light, 300W Locators, Megaray, 150W Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, Syniosbeam by Enderman

  29. #59
    Flashaholic* Alex1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bear Delaware
    Posts
    3,981

    Default Re: Any word yet on Firefoxes FF5?

    Quote Originally Posted by BVH View Post
    Mine arrived but no time to play with. What I did notice is that the very front of the lamp is about 2+mm off center. I am sure 95% of these lights go to enthusiasts and enthusiasts are going to care about lamp alignment. I do, so the mis-alignment bothers me. Disappointing in that respect. The reflector is pretty ringy visually. Probably won't matter in real use. Mine arrived packaged the same as Alex's. I sure hope it's the 6500K I ordered.

    One of the two silicone orings tried to squish out when tightening the body to the head. Tighten carefully.
    Thankfully my bulb alignment is perfect. I usually don't have good luck with that. Also my oring got squished as well. So much so I ha do replace it with a black one. I just did a quick lux ceilibg bounce test vs my K1vn90 that does 5150 lumens. There lux numbers are only relative to each other. Got 60 lux with the k1vn90 and 100 lux with the FF5. So its about 40% brighter then 5150 lumens. Although not sure how accurate that is.
    Flashlights: R90TS, Maxtoch Xsword L2K LEP, K75vn, Fire Fox FF-5 3400k, Fire Fox FF-5 6000K, Wowtac A4, K1VN90, Weben L60, Fenix LD42, W10VN, BLF 18650 flashlight, UVBEAST V3, LM10VN90, Brandless LEP, F21VN, E10VN VNX2 W2.1, Nitcore TIP SE


  30. #60
    Flashaholic* Alex1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bear Delaware
    Posts
    3,981

    Default Re: Any word yet on Firefoxes FF5?

    I measured my fw21vn with 3 xhp50.2 lens. Vinh measured 9400 lumens. I got 92 lux on the ceiling bounce. 100 with the FF5. Again not sure how accurate that is.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •