My All Star EDC line up:-) Enjoy!

nickdizonc

Newly Enlightened
Hello my fellow flashoholics! I thought it would be fun to post what in my opinion is an ALL STAR LINE UP of my absolute favorite torches for every day carry. From L to R we have the Zebralight SC600 MKII L2, Sunwayman C21C, Eagletac TX25C2vn PDT (CUSTOM by V54), Surefire P2X FURY, Nitecore P12, Fenix PD35, Thrunite TN12 (14' EDITION), Surefire EB2 BACKUP, Surefure E2D DEFENDER, Thrunite LYNX, Surefire P3X FURY TACTICAL, and lastly the Streamlight PROTAC HL3. The P3X and the HL3 are a bit long for EDC but because of their 4 figure OTF Lumen output I sacrifice a bit in terms of size and weight to cycle them into my EDC rotation. That said, what's in your EDC ALL star rotation? Past or present lights, as long as you've EDC'd the torch and its an all star in your mind I'd love to see. Enjoy!

nxI41W7.jpg
[/IMG]
rORbCkc.jpg
[/IMG]
CX9EkAz.jpg
[/IMG]

gust

Newly Enlightened
I love it! You have most of my favorite lights!

Out of the Streamlight HL3 and Surefire P3X, which is your favorite and how do they compare in perceived lumen output?

I carry a 45 lumen surefire e1l and a 80 lumen backup. I also at times carry my surefire fury or fenix PD35

Last edited:

nickdizonc

Newly Enlightened
Out of the Streamlight HL3 and Surefire P3X, which is your favorite and how do they compare in perceived lumen output?

That's like asking a parent who their favorite child is! lol:) If I could only have one of these two lights I'd probably go with the surefire just because of the lineage of the company and the ultra quality and durability Surefire has built their name on. The P3X is closer to a neutral white tint and the beam is immaculate. It was definitely designed with distance illumination in mind as the beam is focused into a nice hotspot. When lit up side by side, the Streamlight definitely outshines the P3X in the perceived output category but its also 100lumens brighter. The HL3 is definitely a bigger thrower with decent spill and a 1100 lumens OTF, there aren't many tasks it cant handle. The surefire was an impulse buy but it has proven to be a handy little light with decent runtime (over 2 hrs on high, Streamlight is 1.5hrs on high). Perhaps the most disappointing aspect about both lights as great as they are, is they ONLY use disposable CR123A's and the Streamlight actually has a note on their user manual that it was NOT designed to use any rechargeables. I'm a big fan of 1X18650 lights so this is my primary gripe about these two. Its expensive to light them up. But neither light is cheap so I use them as much as I can. and again,these will NOT be carried daily by the vast majority of people due to their size and weight, but I like having a thousand lumens handy in my pocket so I sacrifice a little weight in my pocket but its def worth it:)

Last edited:

gust

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info! I have just ordered the HL3, but im still so tempted to buy the P3X as well.

Last edited:

Meism Theism

Newly Enlightened
Impressive Nick... bonafide flashaholic!

My first real edc was a surefire lumamax lx2, then when I thought I lost it I picked up a fenix pd32 before the 35 came out. I now edc them both as the lx2 never really got lost.

I'm also about to pick up a s20-l2 from olight for edc at work.

nickdizonc

Newly Enlightened
Gust, honestly you made the right decision going with the HL3. I did some testing on the 2 lights and the Streamlight is not only over 10K candela brighter but it also has a longer run time despite what the manufacturer rating suggests. I had both lights running on 3 surefire CR123As each and the Streamlight HL3 outlasted the Surefire P3X. Both lights are awesome but this is an interesting data point for those looking to compare the 2.

nickdizonc

Newly Enlightened
Impressive Nick... bonafide flashaholic!

My first real edc was a surefire lumamax lx2, then when I thought I lost it I picked up a fenix pd32 before the 35 came out. I now edc them both as the lx2 never really got lost.

I'm also about to pick up a s20-l2 from olight for edc at work.

I am indeed a flashoholic. I didn't realize I was until I looked at how many lights I had and realized I could literally light a stadium if I fired them all up simultaneously. Not to mention I have enough high drain 18650 batteries to power a small city for a week;-)

With reference to your new EDC, I'd personally go with the Zebralight SC600 MKII L2. Its smaller than the S20 and packs 1100lumens with an impressive 2 hour run time. Its a great all arounder and unless you're looking to light up anything past 100 yards, its the ultimate EDC torch as far as size and output goes.

Last edited: