SF R1 Lawman battery question

prop

Newly Enlightened
I recently purchased a Lawman. When I got it the lithium battery was partly charged. As luck would have it, I've been transferred to a dispatch position where patrol duty will be minimal. Maybe 1-2 shifts every 2 or 3 months, where I might not even use the light.

How should I store the B10 lithium battery for this prolonged period? Should it be fully charged, partly or even fully drained for power? I've googled the subject, but there are many opinions and almost none that can back their claim up with references.

Thanks,

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you think you will only be using it every 2 or 3 months, I would store it at slightly less than a full charge. You can find quite a few threads about the subject here on CPF (link to threads)

It's a nice light. Shame to have to put it on the shelf for that long.

prop

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the link. I'm still new to the whole rechargeable lights and didn't realise that a 18650 was the same as the B10.

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the link. I'm still new to the whole rechargeable lights and didn't realise that a 18650 was the same as the B10.

No problem. I should have mentioned the 18650 part in my post.

Just about any lithium-ion rechargeable of that size or shape will be based on the 18650. Aside from that, the long term effect of storage is more a function of the battery chemistry and any parasitic loads than anything else.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
If you can measure it with a volt meter, the ideal storage voltage is 3.9-4.0. Before sticking it in a drawer, charge it up, then run it at max until you see near 4 on the meter.