Vinh Thrower Light Comparo - X60vn, K40vn, TN31vn, K50vn, TK61vn - Beamshots

rdrfronty

Enlightened
We finally got a chance to get out again and do some beamshots of some recently purchased serious throwing lights along with a couple others for comparison sakes. Went out to our usually park and set up our 300m target. The target is a 8ft x 12ft tarp. Unfortunately, the field beyond the 300m target was lit up from some ball park lights, so anything beyond the 300m really cant be compared.
The contenders and my most recent test numbers are -
-----------------------------------------------------------
X60vn - 6900 lumens - 460kcd
K40vn - 1625 lumens - 397kcd
TN31vn - 1740 lumens - 498kcd
K50vn - 1755 lumens - 542kcd
TK61vn - 1735 lumens - 622kcd
------------------------------------------------------------
The X60vn didn't really belong in this group being a high power triple led light, but I haven't had the chance to get it out at 300m and more. And besides, this beast fits right in the pack for throw.
All shots were done using my Canon T3i set at f5.6, 1/2sec, ISO 800. The non zoomed shots were done at a wide 18mm focal length to show full flood & throw. The zoomed shots were done at 135mm focal length.
Anyways, I think most will agree the real winners in this beamshot comparison was the TK61vn and the X60vn. The X60vn is quite simple a monster. Awesome flood and awesome throw. It's in a class of its own. The only true rival is a BTU Supershocker, though it falls a little short. The TK61vn is obvious the winner in throw. It is the reflector based throw king & and these shots back up the test numbers.
Though all of these lights are really winners. All have 1600 plus lumens and can throw over 1200 meters. So there are no dramatic differences when shooting at a 300m target.
Without further ado, the shots -
-------------------------------------------------------------
X60vn -

K40vn -

TN31vn -

K50vn -

TK61vn -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now a little zoomed in. Same order. -
X60vn -

K40vn -

TN31vn -

K50vn -

TK61vn -

ven

Flashaholic
Wow ,awesome,thanks for time and effort,the tk61vn is amazing:thumbsup: but the x60vn is the one that has taken me back the most(well it is almost 7000lm)............unbelievable beast:cool:

Thanks again rdrfronty:twothumbs

rdrfronty

Enlightened
I'm planning on a longer distant comparison using even more throwers. It will be in the 600m -1000m range down a pipeline channel of a national forest. Hopefully in the next couple weeks that can happen.

Thanks for the beamshots. This really shows the strengths of the X60. It may not be the leader in lux, but all those lumens make for one hell of a beam. Awesome. It reminds me alot of my FireFoxes FF4, but the FF4 is far far smaller and has probably the nicest tint I have ever seen. In fact, do I remember you having the FF4 in a group shot before? at the same location?

rdrfronty

Enlightened
Thanks for the beamshots. This really shows the strengths of the X60. It may not be the leader in lux, but all those lumens make for one hell of a beam. Awesome. It reminds me alot of my FireFoxes FF4, but the FF4 is far far smaller and has probably the nicest tint I have ever seen. In fact, do I remember you having the FF4 in a group shot before? at the same location?

Yes I have used the FF4 in the same location. Different camera settings and lighting in the background though. So comparisons would have to be taken with a grain of salt. I did sell the FF4 a couple months ago. I just hated dealing with the HID delay for full power. Though hands down the FF4 was the most awesome HID I've ever used. Just not my thing.

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
great shots as usual. thank you!
hey can i request that you bring your btu supershocker for that forest beam shots please.

hikingman

Enlightened
I'll add my compliments regarding the beam shots too! The most interesting thing about the TK61vn is the beam tightness (less spill) as it lights up the branches to each side the least of all the lights.

Dave

rdrfronty

Enlightened
great shots as usual. thank you!
hey can i request that you bring your btu supershocker for that forest beam shots please.
Will do. Brother and I own 3 BTU Shockers, 2 of those are Supershockers. So those two, a modded SR90, TN31mb, modded vostro, and any other 1000m + thowers we own will be in that big shootout.

Mbehe87

Newly Enlightened
rdrfronty - I just want to add another "thank you" for taking these beamshots and also for doing the lumen/lux testing. Looking forward to the long distance shots!

jaykay

Newly Enlightened
Is it just me or does the k40vn seem to be the closest to the tk61vn at 300m (Excluding the x60vn)? I might be biased as I love my k40vn!

houser23

Enlightened
Awesome beam shots, but looks like your pics were a little washed out by the baseball field on the far left.