Surefire E2D Defender Ultra

RichOa

Newly Enlightened
Hi - new memeber here! I might have been bitten by the bug. I must have 20+ various FLs that I own, but I just asked for a special B-Day gift and received a brand new Surefire E2D Ultra Defender yesterday. Here's my question.

I took off the tailcap and the spring came off. I managed to re-install it (took a while fighting with it) and the light now works fine. However, unsrewing the tailcap loosens the spring again. I either didn't put it back on properly or 'uncompressed' it too much putting it back onto the silver plate. Either way - I'm not impressed.
Has anyone come across this? Any tips on putting the spring back on or what I should do next?
I attached some pics as well.
Thanks in advance!
Rich

MBentz

Enlightened
I would go ahead and email SureFire customer support. They have the best warranty, hands down. They will get you sorted very quickly.

The E2D Ultra is a really nice gift. I am quite jealous. :welcome:

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've never had this happen with my E2DL Ultra. Just contact Surefire in one of the ways already stated and they will take care of you. Since you can't access the batteries from that end just put it back together and use it as is till your replacement tailcap comes.

At least it works :)

It's a bummer but I've had problems with products of all kinds. At least Surefire has a warranty that never expires.