Question about my SF M6

kaseri

Enlightened
Just got my M6 and on my M6 is reads "Magnumlight". I've seen other M6 lights that don't have "Magnumlight" on them. I'm just curious as to why some have that and others don't. Is there any difference between them functionally?

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
the M6 used to be called magnumlight, but some reason which i'm not sure of, they stopped using the name, so newer M6's don't have "magnumlight" etched on them. as far as i know there's no functional difference between older and newer version M6's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
hehe yea i remember that incident on the former surefire discussion board /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

kaseri

Enlightened
I didn't think there was a difference. I've take the M6 for a little "test drive" this afternoon using both lamp assemblies. Now I understand what all the hub-bub is about. A great light indeed!

Only one problem though...

Now I have another light that I won't use for very much other than the "cool factor" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I suppose that's the sign of a flashaholic. No matter how many times the "boss" asks "do you really need another light honey" I'll always smile and say yes.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
flashlights are more often toys, rather than tools for the large majority of flashaholics /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif my new toy at the moment is a space needle II /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wick

Newly Enlightened
Although I don't have it in front of me right now; on the last few pages of the new Combat Tactics magizine they have a new name for the M6. Its in the back where they do a basic comparison of Surefire's more popular models. If I remember later I'll go find it and post it.

Latest posts