Zebralight SC600 MK1 strobes all the time when turned on and does no other modes.

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
HI guys.

I have just used my Zebralight SC600 MK1 for the first time in a while and when it is turned on all it does is strobe all the time and does no other modes.

I changed the battery over to a few different brands that were freshly charged but there was no difference in operation.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Up until now it has been perfect.

I have an SC52 that still runs perfectly.

The SC600MK1 has not had a hard life and lives in a leather pouch custom made by Thor.

CHEERS

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
Even when holding down the button from off? (start in low mode). Maybe try double clicking the button really fast a bunch of times just to see what happens? Or turn it on and double click 6 times to get into the H1 programming even if it is strobing to trick it into another mode.

Yet another new issue on a Zebralight :(

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have not read about that particular problem arising in any of the various threads or polls regarding Zebralight unreliability,or any of the polls on early failures of Zebralights, or the threads on Zebralight quality control problems.
It seems to be another new problem.

I suppose this one will need to be added to the list.

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have not read about that particular problem arising in any of the various threads or polls regarding Zebralight unreliability,or any of the polls on early failures of Zebralights, or the threads on Zebralight quality control problems.
It seems to be another new problem.

I suppose this one will need to be added to the list.

UPDATE

After pushing the button in very hard many dozens of times the modes change now but the button needs to be pressed pretty hard to change modes. The contact on the button could be a little lazy or have a bit of corrosion on the two surfaces after not be used for a little while.

That was reasonably easy to fix.

I just hope it keeps working with some regular button presses by me.

CHEERS

Last edited:

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast

UPDATE

After pushing the button in very hard many dozens of times the modes change now but the button needs to be pressed pretty hard to change modes. The contact on the button could be a little lazy or have a bit of corrosion on the two surfaces after not be used for a little while.

That was reasonably easy to fix.

I just hope it keeps working with some regular button presses by me.

CHEERS

Glad it's working, but electronic switches should not be subject to such things that can plague mechanical switches, so pressing harder theoretically shouldn't be required.
However, I suppose it's best to do whatever works!

markr6

Flashaholic
Not necessarily the same thing, but ever have a calculator or TV remove that you had to push in twice as hard as the buttons you never used? I wonder if it "wore out"? Or loose connection somewhere? Dust/something inside that came loose?

Etsu

Enlightened
I thought the Zebralight UI didn't "remember" the strobe mode if you set it as H2. So it's odd that it would come on in that mode. Sounds more like an electronic issue.

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not necessarily the same thing, but ever have a calculator or TV remove that you had to push in twice as hard as the buttons you never used? I wonder if it "wore out"? Or loose connection somewhere? Dust/something inside that came loose?

Some of those phones and calcuators have carbon attached somehow to the bottom of the buttons and the carbon wears out leaving buttons a lot harder to press until all the carbon wears off and the button fails to make contact with the circuit board tracks below no matter how hard you press it.

I don't know if carbon can be be re-attached somehow to the bottom of these push buttons.

How do you make some type of sticky carbon that adheres to the plastic pins under the buttons?

I have had no luck finding this trick out yet.

I just bought a new home portable phone because of button problems.

I have tried taking the offending buttons out and using a lead pencil down acrosss the tracks on the pc board and it works.

They design "Mean Time Between Failure" and also built in obsolescence into most cheapo products now as standard policy or they would not sell any more phones or maybe even torches etc.

CHEERS

Last edited: