Fenix AEU-43 USB Kit

weegidy

Newly Enlightened
In my TK61 manual it mentions an alternate tail cap for TK61 and TK75 that will charge these lights using a USB cable. I can't seem to find anything online about this, does anyone have any info on when this is coming, or its specs?

ven

Flashaholic
I likey a lot about the sound of this,very much in deed :twothumbs

Make life a lot easier tbh,battery pack i have ordered 4x unprotected panny cells but since ordered 4x protected keeppower cells now for £22

So i have a good few unprotected pany cells that need a home...........a future home :D

kj2

Flashaholic
In my TK61 manual it mentions an alternate tail cap for TK61 and TK75 that will charge these lights using a USB cable. I can't seem to find anything online about this, does anyone have any info on when this is coming, or its specs?
The manual doesn't say the kit can be used on the TK75. Although both lights have the same battery-holder, I assume it will work.

2qu3cki.png

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
So if i presume right or i have not read/understood,you could use 2x AEU-43 kits and charge them,all together connected to light............does that sound right,if so it would obv be a long charge time but still convenient in some ways.

kj2

Flashaholic
So if i presume right or i have not read/understood,you could use 2x AEU-43 kits and charge them,all together connected to light............does that sound right,if so it would obv be a long charge time but still convenient in some ways.
No, that is also what I read ;)

ven

Flashaholic
No, that is also what I read ;)

Thank you for reply,so only 1 kit to use,definitely handy for spare though,have on charge.So can it be charged up externally of light as well as internally ...?
Another advantage if so:thumbsup:

Thank you again:twothumbs

kj2

Flashaholic
Thank you for reply,so only 1 kit to use,definitely handy for spare though,have on charge.So can it be charged up externally of light as well as internally ...?
Another advantage if so:thumbsup:

Thank you again:twothumbs

Manual doesn't tell on that, but I assume it must be attached on the light to complete the circuit.

ven

Flashaholic
Manual doesn't tell on that, but I assume it must be attached on the light to complete the circuit.

Yes that does make sense,wondered if similar to the nitecore one,but iirc that can be charger separate or have i just made that bit up:thinking:

The way i read it is its a separate built in unit but smaller than the nitecore,or is it just an upgraded carrier that you fit your own cells in and basically get a tail cap and carrier in kit..........sorry for being slow,its been a dong lay :laughing:

kj2

Flashaholic
Yes that does make sense,wondered if similar to the nitecore one,but iirc that can be charger separate or have i just made that bit up:thinking:

The way i read it is its a separate built in unit but smaller than the nitecore,or is it just an upgraded carrier that you fit your own cells in and basically get a tail cap and carrier in kit..........sorry for being slow,its been a dong lay :laughing:

No it should be an complete batterypack.

weegidy

Newly Enlightened
Thank you:bow: hope well priced,if so it may be a "must buy"..............unlike the nitecore:rolleyes:

4x Fenix 3400mAh cells is going to be ~80USD. So if they release a battery back that holds more than ~50Whr and costs <=80USD, then I will be very happy.

weegidy

Newly Enlightened
I would definitely like the "security" of having an all in 1 battery back. It would be much more waterproof and durable than using individual 18650s. One thing I have noticed with this light as well as my TK45, is that when the light is jerked (such as being used on a bike or dropped on the ground) the springs lose contact and the light flickers for an instant. Hopefully this problem would be solved by a custom battery pack.

I always wondered why Fenix doesn't just machine the handle for the batteries (like nitecore), instead of having a separate insert.

kj2

Flashaholic
I always wondered why Fenix doesn't just machine the handle for the batteries (like nitecore), instead of having a separate insert.

Costs. This way when you have to buy a new battery-pack, you don't need to pay all the machining.
But it isn't clear for me if the pack will be battery and tube in one, or you still need to buy an extender. I assume it will be all in one.

Last edited: