• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Silver 3D Maglite hotwire mod with Osram bulbs

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Selling a 3D Maglite which I modded to a Hotwire Maglite. I put a Rocker switch which can handle 10A so you can use a Osram 64625 bulb in it. As a bi-pin socket I used the popular KIU socket. I removed the stock switch and grinded the Rocker switch a little bit so it fits into the switch holder and epoxied it into the holder. Then I soldered it together using the shortest possible wire length. I intended to use 3x 32650 li-ions in this light so I had to get a small extension which was made by a kind German flashaholic ;). To get a connection I had to connect one contact to the KIU socket and removed the anodizing in the battery tube where the KIU socket sits. At the end I put it all together and used some contact lube between the KIU socket and the battery tube. Then I glued it in with clear epoxy. As you can see on one picture it is possible to get the switch back out as I didn't fill it all up with epoxy.

When you buy this light you get 6x Osram 12V bulbs with it: 2x 64625 bulbs, 1x 64610 bulb and 2x 64440 bulbs. They are all brand new and sealed. One 64432 is already installed int the light and I'll give you another 64432 and 64440 no more sealed. The reflector is an Aluminium OP reflector and the lens is a coated lens (it's not a Borofloat lens). The host is brandnew as I never really used it.

I never got around to really get into hotwire mods and probably never will so this one has to go ;). I'm more of a LED-person so I never invested much more time in this project than building the host.

the extension is slightly darker than the rest of the Maglite but it's still silver

The price is SOLD (83$ shipped worldwide).

I am not responsible for lost package. Postal insurance is optional and will cost a little bit more. Paying through Paypal is fine. Just write 'I'll take it' and I'll contact you.

For international buyers just send me a PM and we can arrange something ;).

rayman

Last edited:

fredx

Newly Enlightened
Re: FS: Silver 3D Maglite hotwire mod with Osram bulbs

how much is that in USD????

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast

How did you figure that out??

I'm shipping with the German DHL and for the package shipped in the EU it's about twice the price for shipping within Germany. For shipping worldwide it's more than three times the prices for shipping within Germany.

rayman

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast

How did you figure that out??

I Googled it. Went to google and entered in "55€ to $" without the quotes. Google has a lot of good built in conversion tables. Currency, measurements, etc.

As I suspected shipping is a bit more. International shipping rates suck. But when you think about it look how far they have to travel. :)