**New** Thrunite 1×AA 350 ANSI lumen

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
i will update the OP and the thread title with flashlight model name when more info becomes available. Thrunite is all over the www (forums, facebook, youtube, ebay, amazon, their own forum) and has been spreading bits of info here and there including CPFMP. it is getting interesting now :rolleyes:, time to gather the bits and revise what we have so far. tentative information, subject to change:

• design target: beating SC52 in brightness :eek:
  • single LED xm-l2, single 1xAA/14500 flashlight
  • head diameter 25.4mm
  • 4 modes: firefly - low - med - high
  • no tail clicky because it may get damaged by the extreme current draw
  • one electronic side switch only
  • temperature controlled circuit
  • low voltage warning for 14500 li-ion
  • ThruNite spent over 12+ months to develop the driver. they chose military grade IC to create a perfect driver which is to please the people at the bottoms of their hearts :crazy:
  • lumens spec is ~350+ ANSI lumens on 1xEneloop AA
  • release date: ~April 2014
  • pricing: ~50-60 USD, Germany ~55€

basically they are achieving the high lumens with extreme current draw from the NiMH battery.
unregulated setting, LED lumens:
thruniteaa-driverazsbzcx53.jpg

regulated setting, LED lumens:
thruniteaa-driver2iss7lxn8.jpg

Imho this does beat the Zebralight SC52.
And probably also the upcoming Armytek Smart A1 and Armytek Prime A1 with 350/650 lumens!! :eek:oo:

Thrunite to the win?! :thumbsup:

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
The second graph and the stats look promising. So lets see what's coming there ;).

rayman

kj2

Flashaholic
Sounds good! But sometimes things that sound good, are to good to be true ;)
But let's see what they'll come up with :)

dts71

Newly Enlightened
Lumens isn't everything - how many run their SC52 on H1 all the time? It will be interesting to see what they have done with the UI - I would be surprised to see something as innovative as ZL.

GTRmiami

Newly Enlightened
And I just bought two Olight S15s.... If the specs for this one are accurate, I may just have to get one of these anyway. That said, if they don't even have a model name for it yet, what are the chances that it actually does get released anytime soon? Armytek has been announcing the Prime A1 for almost a year now and still nothing.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
More ANSI exaggeration IMHO.... TN really seems to be playing the marketing spec game lately. My T10 runs closer to a third of it's spec'd runtime on med. (call it half w/ a 2500 mah Eneloop) and the new T10s claims DOUBLE that efficiency - almost 800 lumen*hrs from a AA... yeah right. Here's a light that can squeeze 800 lm-hrs from 3xAAA :D clicky

GTRmiami

Newly Enlightened
More ANSI exaggeration IMHO.... TN really seems to be playing the marketing spec game lately. My T10 runs closer to a third of it's spec'd runtime on med. (call it half w/ a 2500 mah Eneloop) and the new T10s claims DOUBLE that efficiency - almost 800 lumen*hrs from a AA... yeah right. Here's a light that can squeeze 800 lm-hrs from 3xAAA :D clicky

I don't know. Did you see selfbuilt's review of the TN12? Thrunite's claimed output lines up almost spot on with his measurements. And the medium mode's output was actually a little higher than the claimed output.

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
thruniteaa-driverazsbzcx53.jpg

right. beat sc52 by a few lumens for a few seconds then take a nosedive :D

unfortunately sc52 behaves this way too, coz an Eneloop simply can't deliver, that's why i run mine off of a 14500

and i bet it's not gonna match the sc52 in all the other departments (the sc52 is very well refined): fuel gauge (which works correctly with both nimh and 14500). UI. auto stepdown on low-battery. etc

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you see selfbuilt's review of the TN12? Thrunite's claimed output lines up almost spot on with his measurements.

I don't doubt a second that selfbuilt's lightbox will measure 350 ANSI lm if that's the official final Thrunite spec for the new light :D