EDC for secret service agents

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManofCFe

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know what brand the secret service issues it's agents? I have heard of Wolf Eyes, and also possibly Photons!? I was watching a show on tv about the secret service and some of the weapons they use, but they never mentioned anything about flashlights!? Simply just curious if they have something that only they can purchase that the general public can't? Thanks

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know what brand the secret service issues it's agents? I have heard of Wolf Eyes, and also possibly Photons!? I was watching a show on tv about the secret service and some of the weapons they use, but they never mentioned anything about flashlights!? Simply just curious if they have something that only they can purchase that the general public can't? Thanks

Ask your local secret service agent or visit a secret service agent equipment store.

GrizzlyAdams

Enlightened
Mr. O's halo gives off enough light they don't need torches...

All kidding aside I'd bet on them being issued Surefire. And I base that on absolutely nothing.

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a little OT, but I remember reading somewhere that F.B.I. field agents, and the air marshal service, used to be issued the Surefire Z2. It would make sense that the Secret Service be issued something that would facilitate either Rogers or Harris(sp?) flashlight/handgun technique, but that is just speculation.

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Which is interesting, actually - I know we've had several LEOs chime in on another thread, but I don't think there have been any Federal agents contributing.

Mr. NSA agent monitoring my cell phone and email - what kind of flashlight do you carry?

dss_777

Enlightened
The USSS does a lot of different things, at different times. I imagine they carry whatever they need to accomplish the task(s) at hand.

Mission drives the gear, and all that...

Google": "US Secret Service trunk monkey"

Swede74

Enlightened
I'd bet on them being issued Surefire. And I base that on absolutely nothing.

I base this on absolutely nothing ;) but I think it makes some sense: my guess is they are issued something labeled "certified for use in hazardous areas", if they are issued flashlights at all.

Skimo

Newly Enlightened
Probably whatever they want to carry, if they want to carry one, probably same for pocket knives or other "regular EDC" stuff. I doubt pocket knife/multitool/flashlight gets any oversight.

RIX TUX

Enlightened
Not exactly the kind of info you want to share n a semi public forum, lol
we pay for everything they have, shouldn't it be available information, I don't think the brand is a security issue.

ven

Flashaholic
:laughing:

I guess it is a secret,but my money would be on a compact surefire light or along those lines...........

ven

Flashaholic
Spoke with my friend, they are not issued lights.

If they were,would he tell you? as on a public forum info on secret agent lights etc gets out,then all of a sudden surefire XXX sell out, could be traced pretty easy from source,bit far fetched i know,and it is in a little jest but just a flip side of the coin:thumbsup: please dont take comments too serious as not meant that way:thumbsup:

But could easily believe they are not supplied with certain equipment judging off the UK policies/decisions and money saving.................

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the same breath, I can also believe they aren't issued lights but given guidelines as to what they can buy and carry.

If anyone really had a bee in their bonnet, a FoIA request could probably get you a list of the Secret Service's general loadout, if not fairly specific details.

This does beg the question: TheVat, what kind of flashlight does your friend carry? And what detail is he on? Protection? Investigation? Something other than fieldwork?

Status
Not open for further replies.