MD2 Bodies

latestarter

Newly Enlightened
Wondering why Gene changed the original two piece body to a three piece.Also the switch in my original MD2 (judco i think) is playing up.Are they still available? I am unable to ask Gene himself at the moment as my email is down.

Thanks David

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Malkoff still sells the MD2 and the MD2 body - granted, he might be out of stock at the moment.

Looking at the website now, he has tailcaps for the MD series in stock.

MartinDWhite

Enlightened
The judco switchs, as used in the original malkoff bodies (MD2/3/4), are no longer available. There was even a while the separate tailcaps for the MD3 and MD4 used the judco switch.

latestarter

Newly Enlightened
So if im reading it correctly i would have to buy a new MD2 body and tailcap....Thats $55 plus shipping to Australia $80.That makes a very expensive switch!
I cant justify that,might just put it in to retirement.Very dissapointing,i would have thought it good policy to keep spare parts for older models.

Last edited:

wrf

Newly Enlightened
Wondering why Gene changed the original two piece body to a three piece.Also the switch in my original MD2 (judco i think) is playing up.Are they still available? I am unable to ask Gene himself at the moment as my email is down.

Thanks David

Maybe try the "Contact Us" form on the malkoffdevices website?
Might be hard to get a reply without email, but you could explain that in the comments.

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
So if im reading it correctly i would have to buy a new MD2 body and tailcap....Thats $55 plus shipping to Australia $80.That makes a very expensive switch!
I cant justify that,might just put it in to retirement.Very dissapointing,i would have thought it good policy to keep spare parts for older models.

My original MD2 switch played up and stopped working. Gene sent me a brand new body free of charge. It's the newer two piece body.

There's a reason Malkoff is highly valued for their customer service.

latestarter

Newly Enlightened
I should have not been concerned,contacted Gene and he is more then happy to fix the problem...as many have said great customer service,especially considering the light is a few years old now.:thumbsup:
Thanks David

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bet that Gene may still have a few lying Judco switches around. Or maybe replace it with a McClicky?

Or maybe try here? wwwdotjudco.net/PButton.htm

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unscrew the switch and see if the switchs inner springs are stuck. Not hard to service/clean the switch.
You can also use a tailcap from a old 2xaa maglite. Making it a md-2 twisty tube.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I understand the reason for the new switch was the tailstanding ability. But I wish Gene would offer the Judco switch again as an option. In my opinion the new switch is stiff and uncomfortable and makes the light gliding away in the hand. The older switch was excellent.

Last edited: