*NEW* Fenix TK35UE with MT-G2

kj2

Flashaholic
Heard from Fenix, they are a working on a new TK35 Ultimate Edition using a MT-G2.
No info on lumens and runtime yet, also no pics yet- but think that info will come soon :)

So, who's up for a Fenix with MT-G2? :D

alert_01

Newly Enlightened
Sounds lovely. I am still waiting for Armytek Grizzly wit the same led. I love high cri and that tint..

PhatPhil

Newly Enlightened
Sounds good. I'm after a small MT-G2 light :) This might just fit the bill!

kj2

Flashaholic
The body should almost look the same, as the TK35 now looks like. Lumen output isn't officially released yet, so can't and won't say at the moment.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sucks for people who just upgraded to the xm-l2 version....
... on the other hand this should be a VERY different light from the current TK35 xm-l2 U2.

Are there estimates of what the max output using 2 18650's is on the MT-G2 emitter currently?

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
The MT-G2 is HUGE compared to pretty much every other led used in flashlights. I wonder why they are going with the TK35 model first to give this treatment too. The TK41 seems like maybe a better format because of the bigger reflector. At least that would help it get a somewhat decent throw. The MT-G2 in the current TK35 would be very floody I'm guessing.

kj2

Flashaholic
The MT-G2 is HUGE compared to pretty much every other led used in flashlights. I wonder why they are going with the TK35 model first to give this treatment too. The TK41 seems like maybe a better format because of the bigger reflector. At least that would help it get a somewhat decent throw. The MT-G2 in the current TK35 would be very floody I'm guessing.

Well the TK41 with the new XM-L2 has enough throw, IMO.

texas cop

Enlightened
I had Vihn build a TK35 clone into a 5 mode Mt-G2 light for me last year. The head/reflector is a near perfect match to the led. At 5 amps on high the light output the light is a wonder to behold. If Fenix builds them I'm buying one. Fenix if you build don't skimp on high.

Sh3ngLong

Newly Enlightened
Oooh, been looking into getting an MT-G2 light. This could be THE one. I let my dad borrow my OG TK35, but I guess I'll tell him to keep it. :)

ven

Flashaholic
I guess that fenix have to be careful on the out put side(lumens),as if they crank it up it will effect sales of other models in their range,so in a way enough to make you buy it,but not too much to stop you buying other fenix models..............

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess that fenix have to be careful on the out put side(lumens),as if they crank it up it will effect sales of other models in their range,so in a way enough to make you buy it,but not too much to stop you buying other fenix models..............

Yeah, I'm wondering what a reasonable and yet achievable output on this light could be. 1500 lumens? Can 2 18650's get the MT-G2 higher than that? I'd rather see it have an impressive turbo and yet not have it be so high that it has to stop down after 1 minute. Also it's going to have to be pretty high output to make up for the fact that it probably won't be very throwy with how big the MT-G2 is.

EDIT:
I just saw the Armytek Grizzly they are bringing out soon is supposed to get up to 2700 lumens. Pretty impressive from 2 18650's. 2000 would be a good burst for this new TK35 in my opinion. If they could do that and then drop it down to 1000 after 5 minutes that would be great.

Last edited:

NorthernStar

Enlightened
I´d like to see a review about the Fenix TK35UE with MT-G2 diod when it´s available! Hope to see it soon.