Nitecore P20

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
At IWA 2014 they show the Nitecore P20 as already seen at ShotShow but also have a holster now.

On Youtube there are also videos for the TM36 and HC90.

Last edited:

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
does the holster fit with the P12 too? :)

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
The holster looks all-right though is not something I'd ever use. What I like most is the configurable UI: on the ShotShow video they changed the UI setup by loosening and tightening the tailcap. Not that is going to make every user happy because unless you never going to make everybody happy but I value changing the UI to my needs much more then adding lumens and shortening runtimes!

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just read on TLF that the P20 will be released in April. Estimated specs are 800 lumens and over 200 meters throw. Price about €70.
Nitecore seem to be working on a P10.

kj75

Enlightened
Will be there at the end of June..

vet0mt.jpg

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
On paper it looks really good, if no flaws come up I think it will sell well.

The holster won't be included as it was originally assumed though - I'm just wondering what the price point is going to be!

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like the strobe-button, don't like the knurling at the bottom of the head.
Me neither. I think the knurling on the MT25 or MT26 is much nicer.
I'm wondering though if those grooves have any functional use with the tactical holster it was supposed to ship with.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats a very nice looking light, low looks a bit bright and daaam Klarus anyone ? thought Klarus had the Patent ? have they sold it to nitecore for use or somin ?

kj2

Flashaholic
Thats a very nice looking light, low looks a bit bright and daaam Klarus anyone ? thought Klarus had the Patent ? have they sold it to nitecore for use or somin ?
Think both have 'patents'. Looks like it works the same way, so the word 'patent' doesn't impress me anymore.

crucialcolin

Newly Enlightened
I'd be curious to see how this would stack up against the smaller sized Thrunite TN12(2014) light at a 25mm head while the P20 is 31mm. Both have about same beam range and intensity according to specs(11100cd/210m vs 11866cd/218m). However the Thrunite has more lumens avail(1050 vs 800).

The Thrunite heats up to the point its almost scary particularly on turbo its highest setting. Thinking maybe I should have waited for the larger light :p