Jetbeam RRT2 Raptor is this normal

Albinoni1967

Enlightened
I have wanted to raise this question for a while now but keep forgetting, so here it is. For a while now I've had a Jetbeam RRT2 Raptor led torch which I like a lot, but my main concern is when I switch from the Strobe function to Off function with the ring in the front of the torch it still keeps on Strobing for say another 7 seconds before finally switching Off. It does not seem to switch off straight away. Is this normal.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have this light but to me it does not sound normal at all the a light keeps strobing for 7 seconds after it has been switched off.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
i agree, thats not right. the switching should be instant.

Albinoni1967

Enlightened
Hi thanks for your reply now when I say switching I am referring to switching the ring in the front end of the torch from Strobe to Off mode not the tactical switch behind the torch i.e.the forward clickie switch. But this gets more interesting, if I turn the ring say from high or medium direct to Off and skip the strobe and do it fast than it goes Off.

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Send Jetbeam an Email and see what they say. Maybe it is in the programming of the light? Maybe the strobe has to go through a series first, prior to shutting off? I am just thinking out loud here.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try to see if taking the battery out, and let it rest for a few minutes to possibly reset itself, and make sure you have a fully charged battery.

Albinoni1967

Enlightened
Hi Flashkat apparently I've done that and still the same, also I'm just using two CR123A batteries in it but planning to use a single 18650 KeepPower soon. Just wondering if there any Jetbeam users here who can clarify this with me.

LowFlux

Enlightened
I thought the mode dial on the RRT2 provided Standby not Off? Standby has standby drain you need to shut off the light at the tailcap to shut it off.

I had a RRT2, first edition with a XRE R2. I don't remember it flashing in strobe when turning to Standby.