Trustfire T90-2 XP-G2@5A - 622 Kcd

Kenjii

Newly Enlightened
Trustfire T90-2 XP-G2@5A - 713 Kcd

Hello,

my second build and this one throws very far, too :D It was not easy to disassemble the flashlight as the head is completely glued.

The Trustfire T90-2 is huuuuuuge

tala_61.jpg

Disassembled

tala_70.jpg

I used a LCK 5A Driver. Here with an adapter made of brass.

tala_73.jpg

I put in a 3mm-Plug for the anode

tala_75.jpg

The driver is much too small for the pill so i used some hot glue to fix it.

tala_74.jpg

I want to pott the driver, but the pill is that large. There has to be filled in a lot. Perhaps later after some testing.

tala_76.jpg

The LED on the massive heatsink which is in one piece. I used a Noctigon XP-G2 R5 2B dedomed.

tala_77.jpg

The LED in the reflector

tala_78.jpg

There is still some work to do. I think the LED is noch deep enough in the reflector, so there may be some losses. The Lens ist not very good etc.

A first Lux measurement at 6 metres was 17280 Lux. That is calculated back to 1 metre

622080 Lux @1m / Kcd or 1577 metres Range.

For the first try very good. My initial aim was to achieve 600-700 KLux and i am very happy to be that close.

Two Beamshots about 250metres, 3 Sec., F=4,5, ISO400

tala_79.jpg

tala_80.jpg

Thanks for reading and greetings from Germany

Kenjii

Last edited:

Kenjii

Newly Enlightened
Thanks a lot. In the meantime i modified the anode as it was too long. I hope to get another LED with an additional spacer soon with 1A tint because the beam with the 2b tint is a bit green.

The T90-2 is still an impressive light. Much more useable than the Blue Star even with 180 Kcd less :D

borg

Newly Enlightened
Nice flashlight !
I like that it can take 32650 batteries for a huge runtime!

Great results for a first try. Nice mod.
Probably with the led a little bit higher in the reflector you will get another 100 Kcd of throw !

Kenjii

Newly Enlightened
Hy,

sorry, i was a bit busy. No the LED die is not protected. There is no need as the head ist usually not open.

The brass adapter was made by a member of the german flashlight forum - fritz15. That was perfect work.

Greetings

Kenjii

Kenjii

Newly Enlightened
Hy,

the Driver died after overheating without cooling. The hot glue melted almost completely :faint: ... now i am waiting for a new one which will be cooled with a heatsink and/or potting.

Greetings

Kenjii

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hy,

the Driver died after overheating without cooling. The hot glue melted almost completely :faint: ... now i am waiting for a new one which will be cooled with a heatsink and/or potting.

Greetings

Kenjii

I was just about to comment on this.....had i seen the thread earlier....

Do what i did with thermal paste in my MTG2 build

Kenjii

Newly Enlightened
Hy,

temporarily back on air with this Driver: https://www.fasttech.com/p/1424817. I measured 612 KLux :grin2:

Next week the flashlight will get a good cooled LCK-Driver again and the LED will be set higher into the reflector.

Greetings

Kenjii

Kenjii

Newly Enlightened
Hy,

some days ago a 93mm UCLp Lens from Flashlightlens was inserted into the flashlight. Lux increased from 612 Klux to 670 Klux :D

Greetings

Kenjii

tala_93.jpg

Kenjii

Newly Enlightened
Hy,

now with Noctigon XP-G2 S2 2B => 713 Kcd :rock:

Greetings

Kenjii