HDS Systems        
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Build quality of Armytek against SF/ Malkoff ??? Picky opinion please ...

Default Re: Build quality of Armytek against SF/ Malkoff ??? Picky opinion please ...

Little zombie thread action here, any new opinions? I ran a surefire G2L and then a G2X on my fire helmet for a few years and found both to be utterly reliable. I havenít put my AT lights through that type of use but I do use my wizard pro very regularly and so far itís been solid. Would it hold up to the same abuse as the surefire? Maybe... probably... has it for anybody?

Default Re: Build quality of Armytek against SF/ Malkoff ??? Picky opinion please ...

I have the AT Viking Pro coming soon and an MD2. do we really need overbuilt lights like Malkoff?

Quote Originally Posted by Buck91 View Post
    Little zombie thread action here, any new opinions? I ran a surefire G2L and then a G2X on my fire helmet for a few years and found both to be utterly reliable. I havenít put my AT lights through that type of use but I do use my wizard pro very regularly and so far itís been solid. Would it hold up to the same abuse as the surefire? Maybe... probably... has it for anybody?
    Malkoff M61T, Jetbeam E21A 5700k 9080 AAA.

Quote Originally Posted by neutralwhite View Post
    I have the AT Viking Pro coming soon and an MD2. do we really need overbuilt lights like Malkoff?
    If you have kids you do😁
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    If you have kids you do
    Lol. That is the truth.

It is true many people may not ďneedĒ a light that is extremely robust. If you are just camping and hanging out in the yard and your light dies because you dropped it, well use your spare or go get another one.

It isnít always about ďneed.Ē No one has to justify their purchases to anyone but themselves. Some folks like knowing their stuff is durable and some folks donít care as much.

I tend to drop lights for whatever reason so I like knowing my flashlight can take that kind of abuse. I also spend a lot of time outside, in the woods, and away from the house. So to me it is important to have a durable light, especially because I tend to drop them. I have broken a lot of things by dropping them. Malkoff lights arenít one of those things. Everyone had different ďneeds.Ē

I prefer to buy stuff made in the USA as much as possible. In our global marketplace that is becoming increasingly difficult, and I know, not all parts on all USA made lights are made in the USA, but it is important to me to do what I can. It may not be to others and that is their business.

Flashaholic

The Predator Pro v3 is a great compact thrower. I have the warm version and it outperforms my Malkoff Hound Dog as to brightness, configurability and utility by a really huge margin. The Malkoff seems like clunky, ancient tech compared to it. Double seals, configurabilty and excellent manufacturing make this a great value for the money.

Iíd love to see some Beamshots of that light compared to your HD.

Certainly looks like it has a nice feature set at a reasonable price point. Cranking out 1400 Lumens, but no stated candela/ lux rating. I have no Armytek experience, so I canít offer any opinion on them other than I wish they werenít covered in writing. They have piqued my interest on a number of occasions though, and this one says made in Canada. Looks like a solid Hound Dog 18650 XT competitor at about half the price with some programmable configurations.

They are made in China for their whole product line as far as I know. Very deceptive marketing.

I wonder where Canada comes in , in all this then.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck91 View Post
    They are made in China for their whole product line as far as I know. Very deceptive marketing.
    Malkoff M61T, Jetbeam E21A 5700k 9080 AAA.

Flashaholic

I will try to get an HD and PP comparison beam shot later today. A whitewall, however, shows little of the difference - I hate beamshots...

I don't own any Armytek, but I saw this thread in the LED section: Another one bites the dust... 7th armytek wizard crapped out.

At my job, I have carried Malkoff for years and they are really used a lot and dropped constantly from different heights. No problems whatsoever. Malkoff has some E series heads that throw pretty far now in a small format as well as the larger Hound Dog. That is not where my needs lie for work, but I would imagine they are just as durable. Nothing was worse for me, than years ago when I had cheap lights, that would break in the middle of the night when I still had plenty of work left. Surefire 6P was my first smaller light and it never let me down, but upgraded it when LEDs came out with a Malkoff drop in. I definitely trust Malkoff lights.

Quote Originally Posted by StagMoose View Post
    Iíd love to see some Beamshots of that light compared to your HD.

Certainly looks like it has a nice feature set at a reasonable price point. Cranking out 1400 Lumens, but no stated candela/ lux rating. I have no Armytek experience, so I canít offer any opinion on them other than I wish they werenít covered in writing. They have piqued my interest on a number of occasions though, and this one says made in Canada. Looks like a solid Hound Dog 18650 XT competitor at about half the price with some programmable configurations.
    I bought the Predator XHP35 HI (Warm)
    It has 50750 cd in CW version (approximately 47000 in Warm version)

I'd suggest you look at Elzetta. From their FAQ: [ All Elzetta products are designed, engineered, and manufactured in the USA using American tooling, labor, and materials. ]

Elzetta- The industry's best kept secret

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12