Olight S-10 Battery?

coltchris

Newly Enlightened
Have the new S10-L2 on the way. I know the AW RCR's are highly recommended. I have a few AW IMR 16340's I use in my Incendio and wonder if anyone has used them in the new S10-L2. Thoughts on using them?

coltchris

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, I thought they would. I measured a couple at 33.7 & 33.8 mm long. I had to go to them in my Lumapower IncenDio as they have a little longer tip than the RCR's I had. Thanks again for the reply.

RetroTechie

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use AW IMR 16340s in my S10 (non-L2 version). They work fine.
I have:

• 2 pcs. Sibeile 600 mAh "Li-Mn" cells (which behave like, and are probably just falsely labeled, unprotected Li-Co cells)
  • an AW IMR 16340 cell (550 mAh)
  • some unknown brand LiFePO4​ cell (yellow/blue full color label, not plain shrinkwrap)
all of them unprotected cells, and all of those work fine in my S10-L2. IMR and LiFePO4​ do make a difference in the highest mode. If you're not using that much, go for the highest (real!) capacity ones. Protected or unprotected isn't much of an issue in this light, as dimming of the higher mode(s) is a good way to indicate battery status.

Battery length is the thing to worry about, some of the longer (protected) 16340's may not fit. Width-wise no issues, but sadly 18350's don't fit. :(

CrazyIvan2011

Enlightened
I have the S10-L2 and use AW RCR123 750mAh protected cells in it with no problems.Plus it is a fantastic little light, I love mine, so hope you enjoy it too! :)

Warsaw

Newly Enlightened
I also use AW RCR123 750mAh. Just check if "-" contact spring do not scratch cell too much. Mine had sharp edge, and I had to use nailfile in order to smooth it out.

Last edited:

coltchris

Newly Enlightened
Thanks again for your comments guys. Should be here Monday; hope I made the right choice between it and the EagleTac D25C clicky!

Last edited:

coltchris

Newly Enlightened
Received the S-10 today and very happy with this little jem so far; still adjusting to clicky format though!!!