New Pelican 2350 LED Flashlight

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
^There is recent precedent, as I haven't read too many complaints about the Malkoff AA MDC being 4.5" long.

Not sure if anyone here likes Pelican Lights but i do and thought id share there new one, once it hits amazon ill probably order it

Not many here do. Looks like a winner though, thanks for the heads up.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pretty large for a single AA light. Output also seems rather low... just 100 lumens. They obviously went for runtime instead of output since it can run at high for 1 hr 45 minutes with just an alkaline inside.

Might be a decent light for the masses, but as a flashaholic who wants the latest and brightest in the smallest size, I'll pass.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure if anyone here likes Pelican Lights but i do and thought id share there new one, once it hits amazon ill probably order it

Link: http://www.pelican.com/lights_detail.php?recordID=2350

Thanks for the alert. :thanks:

I can't find it for sale yet. The Pelican instruction sheet says the pushbutton tail switch provides for momentary operation. Wish the mode order was High (100 lumens), Low (10 lumens), Strobe so you wouldn't have to go through strobe to get to the low setting. I would use this Pelican 2350 for non-tactical EDC so the strobe mode wouldn't be used often.

BTW, I like the Pelican 1920 2AAA penlight.

DJ JIGGLER

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the alert. :thanks:

I can't find it for sale yet. The Pelican instruction sheet says the pushbutton tail switch provides for momentary operation. Wish the mode order was High (100 lumens), Low (10 lumens), Strobe so you wouldn't have to go through strobe to get to the low setting. I would use this Pelican 2350 for non-tactical EDC so the strobe mode wouldn't be used often.

BTW, I like the Pelican 1920 2AAA penlight.

Does Pelican even make one with a strobe mode? And yeah i like the 1920 use it all the time.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
5000+ lux is pretty good for a single AA light. It sounds like a pretty good thrower. Got to remember, awhile back 100 lumens was pretty good for a 2XCR123 light.

Bill

Monocrom

Flashaholic
If it's anything like Pelican's 2AA version (2360) this light is not going to be worth it. Expect the tailcap switch to be too sensitive, and the checkering is literally just for show. It looks good, but is as smooth as a baby's butt.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Lux & lumen numbers put it in E1B territory. If the price is right I would take a look.

Last I checked, Pelican still relies on emitter lumens numbers while SureFire uses realistic out the front lumens ratings.

So you're going to get anywhere from 1/3 to 1/2 less real output from the Pelican compared to the SureFire.

radu1976

Enlightened
The design is very nice and I bet that the light will provide a good grip.
But personally, I don't buy any 1xAA light longer than 10cm !
PELICAN is 10.7cm ... ZEBRALIGHT SC600 MKII has 10.2 cm and it's using a 18650 with much more current - it's a bit thicker, I agree -
However if they have an XP-E2 inside the PELI is very tempting. The head seems to have at least 2.3-2.4cm in diameter - guys who have 2360 model should know - hence the great throw : 5,000 lux for a simple AA light which is a lot.
QUARK AA throws 5,000 lux but the first XP-E generation and with a 14500 inside.

If 2350 is regulated for at least 1.5hrs on ENELOOPS and throws indeed 5k then I will disregard the length ! I hope they have a glass lens there not plastic again.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
The design is very nice and I bet that the light will provide a good grip....

Likely made in the same factory as the longer 2360 model. Reducing the length of the barrel would not be difficult. Admittedly, the checkering looks good. Even up close. Pick it up and hold it, and it's a different story. Another member compared it to the SureFire E1B. Ironically, in terms of smooth grip, seems a very accurate comparison.

Last edited:

radu1976

Enlightened
I just called Pelican Canada in Edmonton to know further info.
Ha ... they grabbed one and tell me : it's just over 2cm - head diameter - ... possibly 2.2cm.
Thank you for your ACCURATE info ... it's hard to get a measurement tape those days when everything is so expensive !
What about the type of emitter used : XP-E2 ... XP-G2 ?? There was silence after that question ! Well, thank you again !

One useful thing I found : it's already available and its price for Canada is 43 CAD while the 2360 model retails for 70 CAD here.
So we will know that it will be sold for 60% of the 2360 price. On ebay 2360 can be get for 40$-50$ so 2350 will possibly be 25-30$.

Up All Night

Enlightened
Last I checked, Pelican still relies on emitter lumens numbers while SureFire uses realistic out the front lumens ratings.

So you're going to get anywhere from 1/3 to 1/2 less real output from the Pelican compared to the SureFire.

They are FL1 specs, I assume they're real.
Ironically, my E1B, E2DL, L1, L5, E2LAA, .. et cetera ....are not ANSI rated. However, I'll take SureFire at their word.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
They are FL1 specs, I assume they're real.
Ironically, my E1B, E2DL, L1, L5, E2LAA, .. et cetera ....are not ANSI rated. However, I'll take SureFire at their word.

You have emitter lumens, then you have out the front numbers. Those are the two main rating systems.

I don't consider emitter numbers to be real because other than a 2AA Mini-Mag, which has the candlestick option, no one uses a flashlight as an electronic candlestick. They use it with the head, reflector, lens, etc. all attached. Honestly, I consider quoting emitter lumens numbers to be nothing more than industry-wide Fraud. But that's just my take on it.

Up All Night

Enlightened
You have emitter lumens, then you have out the front numbers. Those are the two main rating systems.

I don't consider emitter numbers to be real because other than a 2AA Mini-Mag, which has the candlestick option, no one uses a flashlight as an electronic candlestick. They use it with the head, reflector, lens, etc. all attached. Honestly, I consider quoting emitter lumens numbers to be nothing more than industry-wide Fraud. But that's just my take on it.

Okay, perhaps the jest, yes jest, not gist, of my prior post was not exactly clear.
I'm quite aware of emitter lumens vs. OTF lumens and I was simply pointing out that the quoted specs for this light were indeed ANSI FL1 numbers. ANSI specs are "out the front" numbers. Whether or not this lights output takes a nosedive after it achieves a certification is another story.

I couldn't agree more about emitter numbers, to the point that I wouldn't consider emitter numbers to be a rating system.

radu1976

Enlightened
2350 might have 100 REAL lumens.
I have had a 1910 rated for 38 lumens.
In a ceiling bounce test it was obviously brighter - not by much but still brighter - than my STREAMLIGHT MICROSTREAM - new version, 28 lumens - And I do believe that MICROSTREAM has indeed 28 lumens after comparing it to other lights.