Mix and switch custom flashlights

Hanover Fist

Newly Enlightened
Are there any webpages or forum posts here that show people mixing and switching compatible flashlight components to build a custom light?

For example, the emitter / driver from one company, the body from another, and the tail switch from another?

So far:

I've added a Ti clip and a 10440 battery and removed the plastic button from the clicky tailcap on one of my 4Seven Preon P1. I haven't figured out how to replace the plastic button cap with a flat piece of plastic, or found anyone who makes and sells a taller tail cap retaining ring to prevent accidental turn ons.

When I used the stock tailcap clicky, the plastic button sticks up too high. I carry my Preon P1 in my front jeans pocket. One day when I sat down, my leg started getting itchy. Then itchier, then burning. Then I realized, the light was on high in my pocket. When I pulled it out, it was really hot. That's when I took the plastic tailcap out of the clicky tail switch. so now it's slightly below the surface. I would like to use the plastic button because that helped keep it water tight, so I'm in search of someone who figured out something, or fabricated a new taller screw on ring that can replace the top ring that holds the plastic button.

Another thing I am doing. I'm using a 10440 on my Streamlight Microstream C4. Works great.

Today I received my Peak Eiger Ultra with the keychain fob. I ordered two Prometheus Ti clips, one for my Preon P1, and one for this flashlight. I also ordered a momentary compression tail switch for the Peak Eiger Ultra.

I'm just curious if anyone has done any mix and switch with either the Preon P1 or the Microstream C4 or the Peak Eiger Ultra with any other flashlight components from other companies.

Why?

Just for the heck of it. That's why.