Sup Beam K40 not working.

Blindguy

Newly Enlightened
I just received my Sup Beam K40 today. Got it loaded and.... nothing. :shakehead
Checked the battery pack. 12.56v (3 18650's)
Checked each battery: 4.17 - 4.17 - 4.2
Checked the tail switch.
To the solder joints it worked. On & Off
From the small inner spring to the larger outer spring, it did not have any continuity.
I'm waiting for an email back from the seller.

Does it sound like the switch circuit board is bad?

UnderPar

Enlightened
Sorry to hear this. But I hope the seller will reply asap. That is one great thrower and wanted to have one also. Soon.

UnderPar

Enlightened
Btw, try to check the magnetic switch. It must be on the standby mode. For me the small spring may not necessarily have continuity with the large one. This serves as an addistional "cushion".

Blindguy

Newly Enlightened
OK, I just ran through everything again.
The head is good.
The battery pack is good.
The tail switch shows good on the soldered sided. Click on, click off - through ohm meter.

I just put everything back together and now it works. :eek:oo:

I did not change anything, I swear.
I dunno.

What I can say I really like about it is the .6 lums. For such a powerful light, it's nice not having to dig out my EDC to read by. This K40 does it all.

(I still suspect that tail switch and will be keeping an eye on it.)

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
You may just have dirty connections. Sometimes just cleaning and relubing a light makes a big difference.

langham

Enlightened
dc38 has a point. You don't have any idea what that shell is capable of untill you see what a beast the K40vn is. At least 3*the throw and double the lumens.

Blindguy

Newly Enlightened
I'll keep this in mind. I guess I'll just use it as is for a while. If I get tired of it or win the lotto, I'll mod it then.
This is the first real "high powered" light for me so no need to go off the deep end... at least for a while.
I'm just glad mine is working.