want to buy a SBT-70 LED

Erdin

Newly Enlightened
Hi can someone tell me where I can buy a SBT-70 led? all the places I found only sell in bulk!

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just type "luminus sbt-70" into google. Mouser should be on the first page of results. They sell single leds and have some in stock. If you want cool-white buy the most expensive one. It's always the best.

Also get one of the copper Noctingon MT-G2 pcbs from intl outdoor. The Luminus LEDs fit great on them and you get a big efficiency and performance boost.

Erdin

Newly Enlightened
Just type "luminus sbt-70" into google. Mouser should be on the first page of results. They sell single leds and have some in stock. If you want cool-white buy the most expensive one. It's always the best.

Also get one of the copper Noctingon MT-G2 pcbs from intl outdoor. The Luminus LEDs fit great on them and you get a big efficiency and performance boost.

Hi I tried mouser but they wanted me to buy 1 batch of 14? Il try again and see what they say. Cheers

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
digikey sells them, min quantity is 1. there are 7 different bins available,.

Erdin

Newly Enlightened
This the one i want. If im not mistaken its the brightest out the lot, unfortunately mouser hasn't got it:(
SBT-70-WCS-F75-PB122

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
didi_zps2be97324.jpg

Last edited:

Erdin

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys ended up ordering the: SBT-70-WCS-F75-NA120 purely because I could not find the SBT-70-WCS-F75-PB122 any where. It has a 7000k colour temp, sure hope it wont be to blue. its going into a Tustfire X6.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Erdin, , you shloud have told us you're from uk, i would not even mention digikey, their shipping charges are high even within usa, as for international, i don't even want to know.

Erdin

Newly Enlightened
Erdin, , you shloud have told us you're from uk, i would not even mention digikey, their shipping charges are high even within usa, as for international, i don't even want to know.

Na its fine, the stb is hard to get a hold of wherever your from. If it boosts the throw from my x6, it be worth it. :)

Erdin

Newly Enlightened
:wow: its arrived already, wish intl outdoor would send those sinkpads just as quick now.:)
20140321_120144_zpsb081fdcb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

nc_hooper

Newly Enlightened
I think I'll wait till the SBT-70-WCS-F75-PB122 is available in quantity 1. Given previous observations, is it a fairly safe assumption that these will became available in smaller quantities? (quantity 1).

Erdin

Newly Enlightened
I think I'll wait till the SBT-70-WCS-F75-PB122 is available in quantity 1. Given previous observations, is it a fairly safe assumption that these will became available in smaller quantities? (quantity 1).

Hi I tried this out at 10A and it was not much brighter then an xml at 4A, just my observations. I had to ramp it up to 13A before it performed well. Unfortunately I couldn't find a driver that was small enough to fit In my x6 and be able to power it at that power level.

nc_hooper

Newly Enlightened
Strange - it seems like your SBT-70 should have considerably more lumens than the xml at 4A (your NA bin is specified at 1710 lumens min at 10.5 amps) and close to the same surface brightness. Noticed that you also purchased a 9 Amp Der Witchell adjustable driver (from reading the threads it seems like the adjustable one does 10 amps). I also have that driver and I'm waiting for the high bin SBT-70 to become available at quantity 1. Did you try that driver with your SBT-70?

My plan is to put it into a 3x32650 maglight along with a 3" FM head, coated aspheric lens, and Der Witchell adjustable drive I already have. And add a small Wavien collar. My current best thrower is a Deerlight XS modified by vin with a dedomed xpg2 running about 5 amps (estimated throw 470-500 Kcd). Very nice, but I think the mag I want to build will have a spot size around 3.5 times larger, circular (nice for an aspheric), and around 750 Kcd with the Wavien collar (collar should add around 50% and reduces the color temperature). Thermal management should also be better.

Erdin

Newly Enlightened
Strange - it seems like your SBT-70 should have considerably more lumens than the xml at 4A (your NA bin is specified at 1710 lumens min at 10.5 amps) and close to the same surface brightness. Noticed that you also purchased a 9 Amp Der Witchell adjustable driver (from reading the threads it seems like the adjustable one does 10 amps). I also have that driver and I'm waiting for the high bin SBT-70 to become available at quantity 1. Did you try that driver with your SBT-70?

My plan is to put it into a 3x32650 maglight along with a 3" FM head, coated aspheric lens, and Der Witchell adjustable drive I already have. And add a small Wavien collar. My current best thrower is a Deerlight XS modified by vin with a dedomed xpg2 running about 5 amps (estimated throw 470-500 Kcd). Very nice, but I think the mag I want to build will have a spot size around 3.5 times larger, circular (nice for an aspheric), and around 750 Kcd with the Wavien collar (collar should add around 50% and reduces the color temperature). Thermal management should also be better.

Hi I dont have a lumens metre to go by but from pure visual appearance, it seemed a bit of a let down. My XML in the X6 seems to be brighter and out throws the SBT70. Just my observations I know others may disagree and the specs of the SBT70 but thats what I experienced.