Wal-Mart: New Ozark Trails tactical rechargeable CREE LED Flashlight for spring 2014.

groutboy_1

Enlightened
Hi Folks, FYI; just picked up one of the New Ozark Trails rechargeable Led Flashlights. I grab the 360 Lumen unit. Which is 5.97 inches long,1.57 inch wide, 3.7v/1.3ah Li-ion cell with charging port. According to Ansi chart on packaging. States 360lm high/45 on low/SOS features , 1 hr high, range: 183m, drop rating 2m. Still charging, will compare to lumapower d mini vx 2 with 1 std. Cr123a at about 310lm, and Magtac at 320lm. Other new tac-rechargeable Ozark trail lights are a midsize unit at about 7-8 inches and rated at 620Lms with a range of 286 m. And the next largest size almost C or D sized , rated at 1200 Lms, with a range of 400-500 m.
6e3u9eza.jpg
upe9a8y2.jpg

groutboy_1

Enlightened
Hmmmm....I let it charge for a bit.,.Tried it out briefly from dark kitchen to dark bedroom...Beam is a bit ringy and there appears to be a slight tint....almost greenish...!?!...It is brighter than the Lumapower d mini vx 2 with the std. Cr123a battery running round, most likely 310lm...But not as bright as the Magtac running at 320lms....plugging back in to give it an all afternoon charge...Re-test after it gets dark...See if it's worth keeping...

Newly Enlightened
Is there any option to adjust the modes, like HI/LO only?
Nice photos.

groutboy_1

Enlightened
Sorry I wasn't able to touch base, busy schedule...I Tested the light at night against the d mini vx2 with std. Cr123a batteries, and a Magtac 320lm light. The Ozark trail light appears to beat out the d mini, and Magtac for range and brightness due to its better focused hotspot. Where as the XML U2 led lights appear to have larger, hazy hotspot with less focus; almost medium range floods...With the exception of the nitecore EA 4a pioneer due to brute strength of output... I have been unable to get the small rechargeable battery stick out of the light. Its in there good... I have encountered some unusual, I'm guessing trouble with voltage regulation on this light...It has hi/low/and SOS mode on spongee half presses... It is far more brighter in SOS flash mode than it is in high...almost as bright as my 3 c cell Home depot 490LM light. Though when in high mode, it appears to be constantly adjusting under that brightness level..Leaving me to believe that maybe this particular light is having regulation problems and should be much brighter than what it is...If this light didn't have this kind of wonky hiccups I'd say it would be a keeper... but I think I might take it back, maybe try another... see if that one works better...

Last edited:

groutboy_1

Enlightened
Sorry I wasn't able to touch base, busy schedule...I Tested the light at night against the d mini vx2 with std. Cr123a batteries, and a Magtac 320lm light. The Ozark trail light appears to beat out the d mini, and Magtac for range and brightness due to its better focused hotspot. Where a the XML U2 less appear to have larger, hazy hotspot with less focus; almost medium range floods...With the exception of the nitecore EA 4a due to brute strength of output... I have been unable to get the small rechargeable battery stick out of the light. Its in there good... I have in countered some unusual, I'm guessing trouble with voltage regulation on this light...It has hi/low/and SOS mode on sponges half presses... It is far more brighter in SOS flash mode than it is in high...almost as bright as my 3 c cell Home depot 490LM light. Though when in high mode, it appears to be constantly adjusting under that brightness level..Leaving me to believe that maybe this particular light is having regulation problems and should be much brighter than what it is...If this light didn't have this kind of wonky hiccups I'd say it would be a keeper... but I think I might take it back, maybe try another... see if that one works better...Attached picture... 12ft kitchen area...Left Ozark rechargeable vs Magtac on right....at this range the Ozark trail side spill is wider than the Magtac...

3eja4upa.jpg

groutboy_1

Enlightened
How th check do you delete duplicate post on taptalk? There was some phone lag and it posted two without the test photos? Arghhh!

groutboy_1

Enlightened
For 39.99 I recommend a least a test drive. There relatively new, so you may get a lemon or decent tac light. At 360lms estimate, isn't to bad.

groutboy_1

Enlightened
Update: Stopped by my local Wally-world today...other new lights added...LEDLENSER/coast flashlights >Hp series, 130lm to 1200Lm flashlights....Bushnell series flashlights >125lms,225lm 2aa, 500lm 4aa, 1000Lm 6aa, etc.