Nitecore i4 shut off

Speedfreakz

Newly Enlightened
I had a weird issue with a nitecore i4 charger. I put in what I thought were 3 nitecore 2600 batteries in to charge. Turns out one was a 3100 which I think was in the second or third slot. They started to charge but after some time the charger shut off; no lights at all. I pulled the plug and let everything set (more because I had to run out then anything else) I then plugged it back in and just ran the 2 2600 in slots 1 and 3 and it seemed fine. Am I correct that 1&3 are paired? Also ran the 3100 by itself and it was fine. What did I do wrong? Some safety feature in the charger or is it faulty?

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a 2 channel charger, 1/3 and 2/4.

You have to keep trying to replicate the issue again. It could be anything bro, since you don't recall which exact slot the 3100 was in.

Run them all down and start over, seeing what you see?

Chris

oKtosiTe

Enlightened
I've noticed that my shotgun connector actually sits pretty loose in the charger. Perhaps it simply got disconnected?
Different capacity ratings shouldn't matter in the i4 and even different chemistries can normally be charged at the same time, so I recommend keeping a close eye on it during the next few charge cycles.

tripplec

Enlightened
If the voltage on the battery is too low or not responding as its sensing it will turn off. If it has been able to put some charge in the battery and you reinsert it the charger will attempt again (a discovery stage is the way I look at it ) pulsing the battery and if there is a response continue to charge it as best the battery can accept. Some chargers won't even start if the battery is dead EG IQ-328 but the I4 will attempt it and disengage if they're shot. I'd hazard the batteries aren't good or you've heavily discharged them to the point damage may occur and chargers won't do anything to them.

My assessment anyway.