Places not selling Surefire, and replacing them with knockoffs?

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
Has anyone noticed REI and Gander Mountain, not sure about Cabellas? Have stopped selling Surefires and Gander Mt. ha there own Surefire G2X knockoffs going for $100? Not the GSX crap but actual Gander Mt. brand? I wish this crap didn't exist why not pay for an actually Surefire?

I've asked at REI and they said the Surefire upped there priced and people quit buying them? When did they up there prices? I know they stopped there "introductory prices" on the "new" lights but then later lowered them a bit but wasn't that only on the GxX, xPX and Fury lights? What really pisses me off it REI only has a E1L and A2 in store like yeah retail on those is crazy why don't they sell the Fury? or EB1?!!??? At least they have Fenix and Nitecore not REI china knock off brands (I know Fenix and Nitecore are Chinese but they have there own brand, there own warranty and there from china).

Gander Mt. still has a bunch of G2's and 6P originals they want full retail for. I miss the old Surefire fish tank displays.

Leadsender

Newly Enlightened
Yeah I've noticed it at my local sportsmans warehouse. They still carry a couple but they used to have the fish take display like you were talking about. When they got rid if it they clearances out their higher end models and I picked up a x300 for $80 and a E2D LED for $100 so I guess I can't complain to much.

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not surprising - Surefire is definitely a niche market. People still buy the old incandescent miniM@gs for $8. Convincing them to drop $150+ on a single flashlight is an uphill battle at best.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember when Cabela's was closing out their Surefire inventory around a year ago. I bought a E2E for $50. Looking back, I should have bought everything they had...

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
So Cabelas, Bass Pro, Gander Mt. and pretty much REI have all dropped them and Gander Mt. has there own $100 G2X knock off. Sad, is Surefire ok? REI did sell the 6PX and G2X when they first came out but now they only have a E1L and a A2(L)?

I hate over seas knock-offs soooo bad

And battery junction is selling the G2X's for $50 even if REI sold them for $80 they would sell, vs $140 for 45lm E1L.

Last edited:

Dr. Strangelove

Enlightened
LL Bean still sells the G2 incan, G2X and 6PX Pro, along with the Minimus and SureFire batteries online. My local LL Bean store has the G2 and the 6PX in stock. Prices are pretty high though.