Calling all Olight M22 Owners

nytrider

Newly Enlightened
Hello All,

New to the forum and recently just bought myself the Olight M22. While I'm loving the design, feel, durability and simplicity of the torch I have one question.

Now, I noticed that the little area surrounding the LED inside my torch is white, while everywhere else I have looked it is black, through all the reviews I could find and videos. So just wondering is anyone else's one white and if not what does it mean?

I'm based in the UK just incase they have slightly different variants of the light :ironic:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Nytrider

Capolini

Banned
Mine is also Black. I bought it about 3 or 4 months ago from Battery Jct. in the States,where I live! If Black does absorb LED lumen,,your White border is better! :)

nytrider

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replies guys. Hmm that is odd. I guess then that they must have a different variant for the European market.

Rob, where did you buy your light from?

Thanks

NytRider.

nytrider

Newly Enlightened
:duh2: I've checked all other aspects of the light against pictures in reviews and everything else is the same. Just was a bit paranoid after noticing this single difference, want to make sure it's authentic... Do you get such things as copies with flashlights?

kj2

Flashaholic
:duh2: I've checked all other aspects of the light against pictures in reviews and everything else is the same. Just was a bit paranoid after noticing this single difference, want to make sure it's authentic... Do you get such things as copies with flashlights?

Some brands are copied a lot, but don't see much fake Olight lights. Olight does use serial numbers on their lights, so you can check with Olight if yours is the real thing :)

nytrider

Newly Enlightened
I did not know that. Thanks very much for that buddy. I'll send them an email.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
hey, mine is white :) i am in the uk but bought it from abroad.

SuperTrouper

Enlightened
Is it possible that what you're thinking of as black is in fact dark green and you're talking about the square the XM-L is mounted on?

If this is the case I'd suggest you're looking at XM-L versions whereas you have newer XM-L2 versions.

The little square the LED some is mounted on was dark green in the XM-L but is now white on the XM-L2 which replaced it in all these long running models by the likes of Fenix and Olight

Scourie

Enlightened
I got mine from ebay, it was very cheap I have to admit. The fit and finish are flawless so I'm certain it's the real deal.

Rob

nytrider

Newly Enlightened
hey, mine is white :) i am in the uk but bought it from abroad.

hey buddy, oh that blows a big hole in my theory lol, guess supertrouper must be right about the new XM-L2 lights having the white surround.

Is it possible that what you're thinking of as black is in fact dark green and you're talking about the square the XM-L is mounted on?

If this is the case I'd suggest you're looking at XM-L versions whereas you have newer XM-L2 versions.

The little square the LED some is mounted on was dark green in the XM-L but is now white on the XM-L2 which replaced it in all these long running models by the likes of Fenix and Olight

Hi SuperTrouper, thanks for cleaing that up. I assumed it was black, as it looked black to me in all the pics I had seen. But good to know the new versions are with white.

I got mine from ebay, it was very cheap I have to admit. The fit and finish are flawless so I'm certain it's the real deal.

Rob

Hi Rob, sounds like we may have bought from the same source lol. I too found the light to be flawless in its finish etc, but just wanted to make sure. It is an awesome light.

P.S. Where do I find the serial number, my torch is at work in my locker, so just wanted to ask so I know where to look.

Thanks guys.

kj2

Flashaholic

No possible as the M22 came standard with XM-L2.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
OH NO! Gotta save that precious extra lumen being lost to the black ring of death :)

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast

i think actually he is just looking at the LED centering device, the little plastic washer............