will you buy a Fenix TK76 with this limited time Special?

den331

Newly Enlightened
will you buy a Fenix TK76 with this limited time Special? from Fenix Tactical
i noticed many CPF members here is not that interested at the TK76.
Fenix Tactical is offering $1 for the ARE-c2 Charger worth $40+ and 4pcs 2600 18650 for the price of the TK76
i would love to here your comments please
go to www.fenixtactical.com

Last edited:

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Read that as "Purchase of Fenix TK76 flashlight for one dollar"

kj2

Flashaholic
I like the TK76 :) fills in many rolls. Walking light, search light, lighting up a room, camping light and more. But what I understand from Fenix Store/Fenix Outfitters, is that the TK76 isn't selling that great. It think that is mostly caused by it looks. On pictures and video it looks like a spaceship but having it in hand, it feels quite nice.

den331

Newly Enlightened
i owned a TK75 already i'm tempted to buy this TK76 because of the 4Bay charger and 4 pcs 18650 for just $1

den331

Newly Enlightened
i just click :paypal: i hope it's worth it and planning to sell the Batteries and the charger. maybe it could replace my TK75 because of its wide beam and tripod capability
the only thing i don't like in the TK76 there's no Stainless steel Crown like the TK75 and the flood beam lens is only Plastic not AR glass

kj2

Flashaholic
i just click :paypal: i hope it's worth it and planning to sell the Batteries and the charger. maybe it could replace my TK75 because of its wide beam and tripod capability
the only thing i don't like in the TK76 there's no Stainless steel Crown like the TK75 and the flood beam lens is only Plastic not AR glass

Having both myself too, I can say they are completely different lights from each other :)
TK76 has a wider beam, TK75 throw further.
Cool thing with the 76, are the blue mode-indication leds at the side of all three leds :D

ven

Flashaholic
Cheapest i can get the tk76 in $ is $279.99

So imo its $32 for the charger and cells...........not worth it if thats the reason,for me the light has to be worth that alone,if it is then the charger and cells is a bonus:D

I like the light,i dont think(within reason) it offers that much more than the tk75,yes different reflectors ,considerably more variations but flood and throw wise its hard to justify almost double the $ for it. Its more of a novelty side.

Would you get much use,or would it be easier just to grab the tk75?

When/if it gets to $199 or less i would be more tempted................
But having a tk75vn ,in my case makes no sense personally apart from the individuality side.......

den331

Newly Enlightened
thanks ven for that advice:thumbsup:
first time i saw the TK76 it looks ugly so i bought the tk75 ver.2 i realized that i need a flood and throw light when i used my tk75 in the trails the Hot spots blinds my eye balls and lacks flood light.
so i'm thinking to buy the tk51 but Patriot's review it steps down conservatively so my last choice with wide beam option is the TK76 but the price is too high until i saw the Promo.
Cheapest i can get the tk76 in $ is $279.99

So imo its $32 for the charger and cells...........not worth it if thats the reason,for me the light has to be worth that alone,if it is then the charger and cells is a bonus:D

I like the light,i dont think(within reason) it offers that much more than the tk75,yes different reflectors ,considerably more variations but flood and throw wise its hard to justify almost double the $ for it. Its more of a novelty side.

Would you get much use,or would it be easier just to grab the tk75?

When/if it gets to $199 or less i would be more tempted................
But having a tk75vn ,in my case makes no sense personally apart from the individuality side.......

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
But what I understand from Fenix Store/Fenix Outfitters, is that the TK76 isn't selling that great. It think that is mostly caused by it looks. On pictures and video it looks like a spaceship but having it in hand, it feels quite nice.

I think that, besides looking like a spaceship, it just looks like a monstrosity. It looks not only heavy, but poorly balanced with that big head. It's also quite expensive, which means that you can purchase a few more manageable lights too choose from for various tasks. I'm not surprised it is a poor seller.

kj2

Flashaholic
I think that, besides looking like a spaceship, it just looks like a monstrosity. It looks not only heavy, but poorly balanced with that big head.
You would expect that, but it isn't. The balance in the TK76 is good IMO. You hold the light where the weight is.

ven

Flashaholic
The tk51 is a great light in its self imho,lot smaller in size so almost pocketable with smaller head(well depends how deep your pockets are:D)

Next to tk75vn

What i do like is the flood and throw options,different varieties of modes,even more so with the tk76.

What has stopped me is vinh:D for all the good reasons of course,tk61vn,before that tk75vn so no doubt in time i may get a tk76............just not high up my wanted list right now;) i am struggling to keep up as it is :laughing:

Look forward for a another view on this light,as said its limited in the ammount of peeps who have invested in probably one of the more unusual lights out right now,sometimes that appeals in its own way too:thumbsup:

den331

Newly Enlightened
is the tk76 steps down on turbo when its just standing on a table? and also is the tripod mounting hole is durable?
You would expect that, but it isn't. The balance in the TK76 is good IMO. You hold the light where the weight is.

ven

Flashaholic
wow you have lots of TK series :huh:

:laughing: only have 4..........thats nothing.........well considering my 1st was the tk51 at xmas off the kids.

More in pipeline,tk32 has my eye,other eye maybe tk76:whistle: :laughing:;) when price drops a tad that is

Showmethelight

Newly Enlightened
another of the big US dealers is running 20% code on this light now, still not tempted enough to buy it though.