Prometheus        
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 139

Thread: Thrunite TN35 (MT-G2, 3x18650) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO and more!

  1. #61
    *Flashaholic* kj2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    7,997

    Default Re: Thrunite TN35 (MT-G2, 3x18650) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO and more!

    I'm not a big fan of Thrunite, but the TN35 is a nice light. And since I've the Fenix TK35UE, I know how good a MT-G2 led is. May end-up buying this light

  2. #62
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Boden, Sweden
    Posts
    3,301

    Default Re: Thrunite TN35 (MT-G2, 3x18650) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO and more!

    Thanks credo for sharing your opinion about TN35. Yes, your description is exactly what I feel but I can't express it as good as you can.
    TN35 is so substantial and qualitative in every aspect.

    Thanks also selfbuilt for the beamshot comparisons!

  3. #63
    Enlightened
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Worcestershire, UK
    Posts
    88

    Default Re: Thrunite TN35 (MT-G2, 3x18650) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO and more!

    Quote Originally Posted by Swedpat View Post
    Thanks credo for sharing your opinion about TN35. Yes, your description is exactly what I feel but I can't express it as good as you can.
    TN35 is so substantial and qualitative in every aspect.

    Thanks also selfbuilt for the beamshot comparisons!
    No problem, I might pop out later when it's dark (getting later and later at the moment) and give the TN35 a proper workout. There are some woods about a mile from my house...

  4. #64
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Boden, Sweden
    Posts
    3,301

    Default Re: Thrunite TN35 (MT-G2, 3x18650) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO and more!

    Quote Originally Posted by credo View Post
    No problem, I might pop out later when it's dark (getting later and later at the moment) and give the TN35 a proper workout. There are some woods about a mile from my house...
    I have to wait around three months until I have outdoors use of flashlights again. Bright polar summer nights...
    But then I propably will get also TN32 in neutral!

  5. #65
    ven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    21,055

    Default Re: Thrunite TN35 (MT-G2, 3x18650) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO and more!

    Quote Originally Posted by Swedpat View Post
    I have to wait around three months until I have outdoors use of flashlights again. Bright polar summer nights...
    But then I propably will get also TN32 in neutral!
    Wow bummer,but what is the months of more light compared to darkness?

    Great chance to stock up for the dark times though(like to look on the positive side) I feel your pain in a less amount in UK as its light till 9 and days get longer to june 21st(longest day) then gets darker..............very very odd,i love summer,sun etc,more so living in UK . But the winter times,clocks going back come end of October ,that SAD certainly eases with these awesome arsenal of lights

  6. #66
    ven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    21,055

    Default Re: Thrunite TN35 (MT-G2, 3x18650) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO and more!

    Quote Originally Posted by kj2 View Post
    I'm not a big fan of Thrunite, but the TN35 is a nice light. And since I've the Fenix TK35UE, I know how good a MT-G2 led is. May end-up buying this light

    Its a from me too,so an mm15vn,why not a tn35vn at 3500lm as well..........roll on some good luck

  7. #67
    *Flashaholic* kj2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    7,997

    Default Re: Thrunite TN35 (MT-G2, 3x18650) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO and more!

    Quote Originally Posted by ven View Post
    Its a from me too,so an mm15vn,why not a tn35vn at 3500lm as well..........roll on some good luck
    Well, today I think A, tomorrow I think B -I've not really set my mind on one light. To many choice

  8. #68
    ven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    21,055

    Default Re: Thrunite TN35 (MT-G2, 3x18650) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO and more!

    Quote Originally Posted by kj2 View Post
    Well, today I think A, tomorrow I think B -I've not really set my mind on one light. To many choice
    Well looks like C then............both

  9. #69
    ven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    21,055

    Default Re: Thrunite TN35 (MT-G2, 3x18650) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO and more!

    Being sensible(for once) i would struggle tbh,the tn35 offers a more general use light which is more than substantial for the most demanding of situations along with the great mtg2 tint,nice UI which is better imo than the mm15.Its obv a larger light too,but you would not be disappointed with either........

    Both being different lights makes it easy to justify both,mm15 a WOW flood monster,small,compact,UI ok just not as good again imo as the tn35.

    The mm15 pips it for me.........love the size,design,matte finish,love the flood and 2x mtg2s.........

    Good luck if you have to pick 1 my advice is both,maybe a gap between to appreciate each fully

  10. #70
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Posts
    628

    Default Re: Thrunite TN35 (MT-G2, 3x18650) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO and more!

    Go for it kj2 The TN35 is a really nice light, and I would like to +1 to what ven said about the MM15, I have 2. If you don't mind, I would like to add a suggestion. If you look at selfbuilts beamshots/gifs between the Eagletac SX25L3 and the Thrunite TN35, the Thrunite obviously throws farther mainly because it's a bigger light with a bigger reflector. If you want something smaller than the TN35, you might want to look at the Eagletac MX25L3. The throw is about right in between the SX25L3 and the TN35. I would also like to suggest whatever light you choose, get it from Vinh, or send him the one you got, you will be glad you did.

  11. #71
    Enlightened
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Worcestershire, UK
    Posts
    88

    Default Re: Thrunite TN35 (MT-G2, 3x18650) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO and more!

    Took the TN35 for a midnight walk in our local park last night. I don't know how big it is, it's pretty large and I guess a bit less than 500m long, as if I stood at one end with the TN35 on L6 the trees at the far end were lit - not brightly but well enough. I'll have to pace it out, but the amount of illumination is just huge, it literally appeared to light up the whole park, which is about 100m wide from where I was standing. What a tremendous lighting tool, truly amazing and with such a great tint. It's hard to describe, but the throw is really good but the flood is great too. Still delighted!

  12. #72

    Default Re: Thrunite TN35 (MT-G2, 3x18650) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO and more!

    Quote Originally Posted by makapuu View Post
    Go for it kj2 The TN35 is a really nice light, and I would like to +1 to what ven said about the MM15, I have 2. If you don't mind, I would like to add a suggestion. If you look at selfbuilts beamshots/gifs between the Eagletac SX25L3 and the Thrunite TN35, the Thrunite obviously throws farther mainly because it's a bigger light with a bigger reflector. If you want something smaller than the TN35, you might want to look at the Eagletac MX25L3. The throw is about right in between the SX25L3 and the TN35. I would also like to suggest whatever light you choose, get it from Vinh, or send him the one you got, you will be glad you did.
    I use my MX25L3 for walking and it is getting used at least one hour each night at the moment, sometimes over two hours as I go for 13km long walks. The light has good throw, probably a bit further than my Lenser P14R.2 headlamp on spot. It is also possible to use it on maximum for as long as you want. It does get hot but bearing in mind it uses a 25% step-down after five minutes supposedly (I've never noticed...yes, really), it is a lot of light and it is still not so hot that you can't hold it comfortably.

    It is also very easy to carry on the belt. My next choice if I didn't have this would be the TN35 or the Vostro BK-FA02 (which has a huge heatsinka and four batteries).

    These are all great torches. If it weren't for the long walk carry requirement (I sometimes like to use my headlamp and put the torch away), I would probably go for one of the others. I find the weight of the MX enough that I would be concerned using anything heavier.

    Unfortunately for people trying to make up their mind you really only find out if it suits by buying it and using it. I might for instance buy the Vostro and LOVE it or I might LOVE the light but find it just too heavy to hold constantly for an hour or two for walking. It is hard to know.

    One thing I do know is that there are three/four top lights with MT-G2 emitters that are simply wicked in their performance and all are top quality. The bigger ones just run cooler and in the case of the Vostro run longer with the extra battery. If you want compact, the SX25L3 is unbeatable with the MX not far behind.

  13. #73
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Boden, Sweden
    Posts
    3,301

    Default Re: Thrunite TN35 (MT-G2, 3x18650) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO and more!

    Quote Originally Posted by credo View Post
    Took the TN35 for a midnight walk in our local park last night. I don't know how big it is, it's pretty large and I guess a bit less than 500m long, as if I stood at one end with the TN35 on L6 the trees at the far end were lit - not brightly but well enough. I'll have to pace it out, but the amount of illumination is just huge, it literally appeared to light up the whole park, which is about 100m wide from where I was standing. What a tremendous lighting tool, truly amazing and with such a great tint. It's hard to describe, but the throw is really good but the flood is great too. Still delighted!
    Thanks for sharing! Yes, it throws very good and is a wall of light at the same time. With a pure thrower the hotspot is very intense but smaller and at distance the corona and spill is not bright enough to avoid a visibly dark area around the hotspot. But with TN35 even the area around the hotspot is illuminated far away, impressive.

  14. #74

    Default Re: Thrunite TN35 (MT-G2, 3x18650) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO and more!

    I'm kinda disappointed. Stepdown at 70 seconds 2650>2400lm, really?

  15. #75
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Boden, Sweden
    Posts
    3,301

    Default Re: Thrunite TN35 (MT-G2, 3x18650) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO and more!

    Quote Originally Posted by dazed1 View Post
    I'm kinda disappointed. Stepdown at 70 seconds 2650>2400lm, really?
    No reason to be disappointed. This stepdown is very small compared to many other high lumen new lights. I can ensure you: you will not notice it.
    TN35 is a GREAT light. So great I ordered TN32 in neutral as well. I LOVE the control ring and the knurling is perfect.
    Last edited by Swedpat; 05-29-2014 at 01:20 PM.

  16. #76

    Default Re: Thrunite TN35 (MT-G2, 3x18650) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO and more!

    Quote Originally Posted by Swedpat View Post
    No reason to be disappointed. This stepdown is very small compared to many other high lumen new lights. I can ensure you: you will not notice it.
    I know, i'm disappointed that it is at 70 seconds, if it was at 3-4 minutes it wouldn't bother me at all.

  17. #77
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Boden, Sweden
    Posts
    3,301

    Default Re: Thrunite TN35 (MT-G2, 3x18650) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO and more!

    Quote Originally Posted by dazed1 View Post
    I know, i'm disappointed that it is at 70 seconds, if it was at 3-4 minutes it wouldn't bother me at all.
    But still; what's matter if it's 70s or 4 min? If you still don't notice it?

  18. #78
    Enlightened
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Worcestershire, UK
    Posts
    88

    Default Re: Thrunite TN35 (MT-G2, 3x18650) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO and more!

    L5 (1600 lumens) to L6 is to my eyes not as much of a step up as 1150 lumens might suggest in all but extreme range usage. 350 lumens drop when you're at 2750 already is a non-issue.

  19. #79
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Boden, Sweden
    Posts
    3,301

    Default Re: Thrunite TN35 (MT-G2, 3x18650) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO and more!

    I am pleased with such a good brightness curves of TN32 and TN35. Unfortunately TN12 is bad in comparison, really bad curves for as well turbo and max mode. So the slight initial drop of TN32 is a non-issue.
    These careful and informative reviews by Selfbuilt are just so valuable, I don't need to get any bad surprises when I buy a light!
    Last edited by Swedpat; 05-30-2014 at 02:31 AM.

  20. #80

    Default Re: Thrunite TN35 (MT-G2, 3x18650) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO and more!

    Quote Originally Posted by Swedpat View Post
    These careful and informative reviews by Selfbuilt are just so valuable, I don't need to get any bad surprises when I buy a light!
    Thanks - that's exactly why I do them.

    I also agree that the ~10-15% drop in output at step-down is irrelevant in practice on this light - you cannot see it happening. But this actually highlights one of the issues with the graphs - although it looks like a relatively steep decline when plotted over the whole run, it is actually slow enough to be well below your ability to visually perceive it. If I were to plot just the first 70 secs, it would be more obvious that the drop-off is too gradual to notice.
    Full list of all my reviews: flashlightreviews.ca. Latest hobby: whiskyanalysis.com. New: Selfbuilt's MID-RANGE MYSTERY BOX Sale
    Gratefully accepting donations to my battery fund.

  21. #81

    Default Re: Thrunite TN35 (MT-G2, 3x18650) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO and more!

    I have the TN-30 in Neutral and the TN-32. I'm trying to decide between this light and the new Catapult V5 in Neutral. Does anyone know where I can get some beamshots of the TN-30 vs the TN-35? I'm afraid this light won't be that much different from the TN-30 in real use. I know it will throw a little further, but is it really worth it to spend the money on it. On the other hand, if I get the Catapult V5, I will at least have an all together different flashlight than I have already, plus the diffuser option on the Catapult V5 looks very nice. I know it doesn't put out the same amount of light as the TN-35 does. Hard decisions to make. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

  22. #82

    Default Re: Thrunite TN35 (MT-G2, 3x18650) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO and more!

    Thanks for the great review, you helped me make up my mind.

  23. #83
    Enlightened
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    82

    Default Re: Thrunite TN35 (MT-G2, 3x18650) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO and more!

    Iīve been using the TN35 shining around in the garden, looking at long distans trees and used it quite alot indoors as well for about 3 months. My 2 cents are:

    Minus: Itīs on the heavy / large side of a flash light. It feels like you are holding a tank and you can easily use it as a weapon... Itīs unconfortable to put it in your front pocket and make it stay there, not falling to the ground, when you need to use both of your hands. You donīt wanna drop this light... Using the lanyard is not an option, itīs too much weight hanging around. The spacing between 380, 950, 1600 and 2750 are too many. Why do they put in so many steps..!!! I donīt get it!!! I donīt need the 950 nor the 1600. The steps are too small... 0,3 / 24 / 380 / 2750 had been a winner IMHO and takes you to 2750 faster. You donīt want the off around max and strobe setting. It should have been. Strobe, Off, L1, L2, L3, L4 (like Vostro). Actually the strobe could have been hidden as well. If you want to put on the light without blinding your self and let the hole neighborhood know that you are out in the garden sneaking around and let them know you are a true flashaholic, you must use two hands, one holding the light, and the other press the rear button to turn the light on/off... This is not practical.

    Plus: The quality is flawless. The control ring is a treat to handle, smooth and with clicks on every setting, and I love to adjust the output up and down, to suit the situation, with one hand. "Moonlight" on a light like this is to travel in 60 km/h in a Ferrari, but i love the feeling that you have the juice if you want to. The big jump between 24 and 380 is actually OK. I thought it would be a gigantic step, but nope, itīs useful when you want to peak at something on a medium distance quickly going from closer surroundings. Momentary and let you choose output before putting the light on. The tint... Oh, do not forget the beautiful tint!!! This makes you smile when you turn it on and do your little white wall hunting that you canīt resist if you are a true flashaholic. From the spill to the hot spot is even with the same neutral white color. Only Nichia can compete what I know... The beam is very practical. A large nice spill area and a lovely BIG corona surrounding the sharp hot spot. This big corona, by the way, is what make this light more useful than a true thrower. You can say itīs like a 3 layer beam very similar to the SWM D40A. I have made comparison as I own both of them.

    The bottom line: As it is so similar to my other pocketable "thrower" SWM D40A, I might sell the TN35. It does not make up for the extra lumens and weight/size that I thought it would. I can sacrifice the lumens. It may perhaps reach 50-100 m extra in good conditions. But, the tint is something that the SWM neutral doesnīt even come close to… Do I have the b_lls to sell it… I will most probably regret it and miss the light… Hmmm, weīll see.

    Edit: 01-10-2014. Well... I had the b_lls to sell the TN35... I donīt really miss the light, but I sure miss the beautiful tint and the lovely beam profile. One of the best if you ask me... My hunt goes on towards a smaller MT-G2... Perhaps will the SX25L3 be a good choice for me as Selfbuilt mention to me below. The tube/size, tint and UI will fit me, but I will surely loose a lot of throw. The battle in this case goes around throw vs size... The size did matter to me after all and made me sell the light. If I canīt wear a light I canīt use a light. These last words will end my "review" of this light
    Last edited by Martin L; 10-01-2014 at 07:02 AM.

  24. #84

    Default Re: Thrunite TN35 (MT-G2, 3x18650) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO and more!

    Quote Originally Posted by Martin L View Post
    The bottom line: As it is so similar to my other pocketable "thrower" SWM D40A, I might sell the TN35. It does not make up for the extra lumens and weight/size that I thought it would. I can sacrifice the lumens. It may perhaps reach 50-100 m extra in good conditions. But, the tint is something that the SWM neutral doesnīt even come close to… Do I have the b_lls to sell it… I will most probably regret it and miss the light… Hmmm, weīll see.
    Thanks for sharing.

    Yes, the SWM D40A is a very nice light, and likely more than enough for most uses. But the TN35 does have a great beam profile, with that large reflector and MT-G2 emitter. I've grown attached to that beam profile as well. Something intermediate in size - like the Eagletac SX25L3 - might appeal (although it still fairly heavy, and won't throw as well as the TN35).
    Full list of all my reviews: flashlightreviews.ca. Latest hobby: whiskyanalysis.com. New: Selfbuilt's MID-RANGE MYSTERY BOX Sale
    Gratefully accepting donations to my battery fund.

  25. #85

    Default Re: Thrunite TN35 (MT-G2, 3x18650) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO and more!

    What has a better flood TN35 or Fenix TK75?

  26. #86

    Default Re: Thrunite TN35 (MT-G2, 3x18650) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO and more!

    Quote Originally Posted by Chewiekw View Post
    What has a better flood TN35 or Fenix TK75?
    Kind of depends on how exactly you define flood. The TK75 has a wider spillbeam than the TN35 - but it also has greater throw. The end result is that the TN35 has a brighter spillbeam in places - it just doesn't extend as wide. The TN35 has a smoother transition from hotspot to spill, so many would consider that a key factor for flood.
    Full list of all my reviews: flashlightreviews.ca. Latest hobby: whiskyanalysis.com. New: Selfbuilt's MID-RANGE MYSTERY BOX Sale
    Gratefully accepting donations to my battery fund.

  27. #87
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Minnesnowta
    Posts
    1,131

    Default Re: Thrunite TN35 (MT-G2, 3x18650) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO and more!

    Is the TN35 being replaced by the TN36? All distributors seem to be out of stock of the TN35 and it's no longer on the Thrunite website.

    I sure hope not.
    Click here for the CandlePower Forums member map.
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...ead.php?383660

  28. #88
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NE Texas
    Posts
    100

    Default Re: Thrunite TN35 (MT-G2, 3x18650) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO and more!

    Quote Originally Posted by mckeand13 View Post
    Is the TN35 being replaced by the TN36? All distributors seem to be out of stock of the TN35 and it's no longer on the Thrunite website.

    I sure hope not.
    This flashlight seems to have disappeared from the market. I read the reviews and started looking for it and can not find it anywhere.

  29. #89

    Default Re: Thrunite TN35 (MT-G2, 3x18650) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO and more!

    Quote Originally Posted by mckeand13 View Post
    Is the TN35 being replaced by the TN36? All distributors seem to be out of stock of the TN35 and it's no longer on the Thrunite website.
    Quote Originally Posted by curlysir View Post
    This flashlight seems to have disappeared from the market. I read the reviews and started looking for it and can not find it anywhere.
    I don't know what Thrunite's plans are, but it does seem like they are moving through models relatively quickly. FYI, I will be reviewing the TN36 shortly, but it is a different beast (i.e., more a competitor of the Niwalker MM15 and MM18, with even higher output in compact form).

    If you can't find the TN35, something like the Eagletac MX25L3 Turbo might fit the bill (MT-G2 version). I haven't reviewed that model, but performance should be similar to the SX25L3 that I have reviewed, with a comparable beam profile to the TN35.
    Full list of all my reviews: flashlightreviews.ca. Latest hobby: whiskyanalysis.com. New: Selfbuilt's MID-RANGE MYSTERY BOX Sale
    Gratefully accepting donations to my battery fund.

  30. #90
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NE Texas
    Posts
    100

    Default Re: Thrunite TN35 (MT-G2, 3x18650) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO and more!

    Quote Originally Posted by selfbuilt View Post
    I don't know what Thrunite's plans are, but it does seem like they are moving through models relatively quickly. FYI, I will be reviewing the TN36 shortly, but it is a different beast (i.e., more a competitor of the Niwalker MM15 and MM18, with even higher output in compact form).

    If you can't find the TN35, something like the Eagletac MX25L3 Turbo might fit the bill (MT-G2 version). I haven't reviewed that model, but performance should be similar to the SX25L3 that I have reviewed, with a comparable beam profile to the TN35.
    Thanks for the reply. The TN36 is not what I am looking for. Will take a look at the MX25L3.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •