Sky Lumen        
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thrunite TN35 (MT-G2, 3x18650) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO and more!

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Thrunite TN35 (MT-G2, 3x18650) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO and more!

The MX25L3 is a great light and noticeably more compact than the TN35. If you want more throw with the MT-G2 and the TN35 is still not available, Acebeam has a model that is almost the same in dimensions, UI, and performance. You can find a thread on it in CPFMarketplace under Acebeam's subforum.

Default Re: Thrunite TN35 (MT-G2, 3x18650) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tone View Post
    Acebeam has a model that is almost the same in dimensions, UI, and performance. You can find a thread on it in CPFMarketplace under Acebeam's subforum.
    Yes, a good suggestion - I have typically found very similar features and performance of Acebeam (formerly Supbeam) and Thrunite lights.
    Full list of all my reviews: flashlightreviews.ca. Latest hobby: whiskyanalysis.com. New: Selfbuilt's MID-RANGE MYSTERY BOX Sale
    Gratefully accepting donations to my battery fund.

ThruNite(R) TN35 is back in stock on Amazon. Very exciting. I have been wanting this Cree© MT-G2 ultra flashlight for a long time. Thanks for the great reviews and videos Selfbuilt!

Its a great light S&R ,nice UI and a cracking tint! I find the modes well spaced to,which is a bonus these days Nice big deep reflector to house one of my fav leds

Always the acbeam k40m to

Thank you so much Ven. Beautiful.

Thanks review selfbuilt,

one of my favourite flashlight in this time, beautiful neutral white tint, excellent throw capable, simple UI, easy to use with one hand, no pwm or other flickering, ultra low mode, well spaced modes, very high build quality etc

Thank you so much for the feedback and support ven and gopajti. I did the logical thing and ordered one from hkequipment for 10 less than Amazon. Have bought from them before and experience was superb, like the light.

Received my TN35 today from hkequipment. Perfect. Lens crystal clear. Reflector crystal clear. AR coating flawless. Control ring clicks solidly into place at every level and no looseness. Tail button perfect. Internals including battery carrier perfect. Anodizing finish flawless. Beam no dim spot. Has a secondary hotspot Great. Tint white. Firefly mode as useful as my TN36 NW firefly mode. Cree MT-G2 emitter definitely has the most perfect white neutral tint. Perfection at last.

Quote Originally Posted by search_and_rescue View Post
    Received my TN35 today from hkequipment. Perfect.
    Glad to hear these are available again, and matching expectations. It is a nice build for the MT-G2 emitter.
    Full list of all my reviews: flashlightreviews.ca. Latest hobby: whiskyanalysis.com. New: Selfbuilt's MID-RANGE MYSTERY BOX Sale
    Gratefully accepting donations to my battery fund.

Happy to see your expectations matched or even surpassed ,congrats S&R .

i just got my ThruNite TN35 today going to try it out tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Chewiekw View Post
    i just got my ThruNite TN35 today going to try it out tonight.
    Congrats,still imo one of the best single mtg2 lights out there

Now that this light is $130, its a steal at that price i bet.
    BLF GTvn, TN-42vn TK61vn V1, Imalent DX80, X80, X45 II, X7vn, TN36vn, SR Mini, SD26vn, M18 Striker, TK22, S200C2, D25AAA

I've wanted an MT-G2 flashlight for some time now and have been bouncing back and forth between the TN35 and the smaller MX25L3. Have been concerned with the sheer size of the TN35 but love the one hand thumb control of the TN35 much more than the UI on the MX. So great thread and I'm going for the TN35. Maybe everyone should have at least one BIG light. And if Vin couldn't resist it must be something pretty special!

Quote Originally Posted by toobig View Post
    I've wanted an MT-G2 flashlight for some time now and have been bouncing back and forth between the TN35 and the smaller MX25L3. Have been concerned with the sheer size of the TN35 but love the one hand thumb control of the TN35 much more than the UI on the MX. So great thread and I'm going for the TN35. Maybe everyone should have at least one BIG light. And if Vin couldn't resist it must be something pretty special!
    I have the TN32 and the MX25L3 with the MT-G2. I am really impressed with both lights. The build quality on both is excellent.the TN32 has an amazing beam but it is much bigger and heavier than the MX. The TN32 though is still easy enough to carry on the belt. I prefer the controls on the MX.

Both are great lights and the MT-G2 emitter is pretty amazing. I like the tint.

Flashaholic*

I was lucky enough to get the Acebeam K40M for $86.00 last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by joshjp View Post
    Now that this light is $130, its a steal at that price i bet.

TN35 on the Thurnite site says "Expected release date is 30th Sep 2015". I wonder if there is an update coming? Or if that just means more stock coming and the translation just didn't take
    GOOD TINT!

Ordered one this weekend for Christmas, I cant wait!

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by N1TRO View Post
    Ordered one this weekend for Christmas, I cant wait!
    Good choice and decision!

Talking Re: Thrunite TN35 (MT-G2, 3x18650) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO and more!

I got mine a week ago...for $109 from Amazon. I haven't had a light with a bounceback that can hurt...I need to stop pointing it at the ground when I turn it on.

Sen

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Senator View Post
    I got mine a week ago...for $109 from Amazon. I haven't had a light with a bounceback that can hurt...I need to stop pointing it at the ground when I turn it on.

Sen
    A big advantage with this design is that you can adjust the brightness level when the light is off, so you can always start at any desired level independent on the earlier used level! At the lowest mode of TN35 you can aim the light straight against the eyes when you turn it on, without problem!
    Last edited by Swedpat; 11-16-2015 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swedpat View Post
    Good choice and decision!
    Thanks!

Damn Amazon.. doesn't ship to Australia. I'll have to look elsewhere for a deal now..

Thank you for this awesome review. This was enough to convince me to buy this flashlight which I ordered today. I just hope they don't throw some crazy cyber Monday deal tomorrow!

Anyone else have a slightly patterned hotspot on their MT35? Mine is quite obvious against a white wall.
    EDIT: Will post a picture later today.
    Last edited by gnolivos; 12-10-2015 at 01:05 PM.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by gnolivos View Post
    Anyone else have a slightly patterned hotspot on their MT35? Mine is quite obvious against a white wall.
    Yep, mine does. Hard to describe, sort of a swirly, dotted pattern within the hot spot.

I've seen it in K40M's before as well so maybe its inherent with the MT-G2.
    Click here for the CandlePower Forums member map.
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...ead.php?383660

Thanks, that's exactly how I would describe mine. I was afraid mine was defective. I couldn't capture it with my camera though. I doubt this will be noticeable at night on REAL world targets (unlike a white wall).

I also notice some rings OUTSIDE of the spill area. So I have: Hot spot, Spill, and then an outer Ring. Overall I think the optics aren't that great, but the light is very bright.

Quote Originally Posted by mckeand13 View Post
    Yep, mine does. Hard to describe, sort of a swirly, dotted pattern within the hot spot.

I've seen it in K40M's before as well so maybe its inherent with the MT-G2.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by gnolivos View Post
    If I look CAREFULLY I can see a VERY slight pattern in the hotspot. But this is hardly an issue at all in practise. If I don't think about it I don't see it at a white wall and this light is not the light for use at a white wall! It's really competent as a car head light and out in the wilderness it shines up everything and then you don't notice any artifact. Just a bright throwy wall of light!

The attached picture shows the prominent outer ring. Is this normal?

Flashaholic*

Yes, I have an outer ring. But it's nothing I have thought about earlier. Hard to tell from the picture if it's as noticeable as with my light.
    But I would say: it's very usual with many lights with some kind of outer ring.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast