Making a white light torch red?

SgtInsanity

Newly Enlightened
Sorry if this is in the wrong section since I can not find another more appropriate section to post this in.

I just got a white light torch 2 days ago for cadet camp but only to be told today (1 week before camp) that we need a red light one. Does anyone know anyway i can mod the glass or cover it(a red filter) with something so it becomes a red light one? Preferably I can reverse it so when i need a outside of cadet camp i can make it white again. Kinda urgent since i need it by Friday.

Thanks.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
As said just get a filter,what diameter is the head? just put that in example-40mm red diffuser/filter

Nitecore/fenix just naming 2 brands do these in different sizes.

Trevtrain

Enlightened
We really need more info about what exact light you have. Slip on diffusers are great but getting one by the end of the week may be difficult.

Having said that, it may be possible to do a quick and dirty fix by putting several layers of red cellophane inside the lens. You will lose some light output but I'm guessing if they want you to have red it won't be expected to be a super thrower anyway.
(probably best not to do this if you have a hot, 1000+ lm monster though)

SgtInsanity

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the help, I'm probably gonna go with the plastic option for now since I don't think I'll have enough time to get a diffuser/lens. Shouldn't be too much of a problem in terms of heat since it is powerful but the lens does not heat up all that much when on high for a while.