625 Meter Beamshots Of Many Vinh Lights And Others

rdrfronty

Enlightened
We finally had a chance to get out and do some long range beamshots. This time we used a pipeline channel cut through a near by National Forest. It was nice and dark out there with no ambient light to worry about. We ended up doing shots at 625m. We had intended on doing some a little longer, perhaps 800m or more, but we had rain in the forcast and the longer the shots the longer it took to setup. I already had to tote about 65lbs of lights, stands, cameras, tables, two-way radios, etc. across this pretty hilly pipeline stretch. Perhaps next time when weather isn't pushing us we'll do a even longer shots.
Now I first have to say it was pretty hard to aim the lights perfectly at this distance. There was a TON of crap in the air and many of the lights were really lighting everything up stopping me from aiming perfectly. I could see the target with most of the lights, but with some of their spots being pretty big, the aim wasn't perfect. We tried, but were only human.
Now this time we did the shots with two camera's. I was back at the 625m point and my brother was up much closer at appx 75m away from the target with his camera. My camera for the full 625m was a Canon T3i set at F5.6, ISO 800, 1.0sec exp, auto WB, and set at a 35mm focal point. Brothers up close was his Canon SL1, set at F5.6, ISO 1600, 1.0sec exp, auto WB, and 37mm focal length. We tried a few out focal points, but these seamed the best choice.
Oh, the target itself was a 6ft x 4ft flat white painted sheet of plywood attached to a post in the ground. Bigger would have been nice, but this was about 210m from the truck to begin with. The target was position on a slop going up hill, so it add the gassy back ground which we figured worked pretty good.
So here are the contenders -
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now the shots done at the full 625m. Again, sorry about the aim on a few. -
X40VN -

SP03 -

HD2010 -

T08 -

BTU-DOMED -

K40VN -

TN31MB -

X60VN -

TN31 -

BTU-DEDOMED -

XSEARCHERVN -

TN31VN -
K50VN -

TK61VN -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now for the shots done up close at appx 75m. And again, sorry about the aim on a few -
X40VN -

SP03 -

HS2010 -

T08 -

BTU-DOMED -

K40VN -

TN31MB -

X60VN -

TN31 -

BTU-DEDOMED -
XSEARCHERVN -

TN31VN -

K50VN -

TK61VN -

Last edited:

lintonindy

Newly Enlightened
A lot of work I'm sure. What a resource. Thanks for doing all of this and great job!

ven

Flashaholic
Awesome:bow:,thank you for the time and effort!!! Out of the pics,the BTU and x60vn really SHOUT OUT at being walls of light,that x60vn is out of this world:D

Fantastic job rdrfronty and your bro:twothumbs:twothumbs

sbbsga

Enlightened
Great work! Simply amazing. :twothumbs

rdrfronty, was your TK61vn boosted to 6.5A? Because the sales thread stated they were boosted to about 5.75A.

Last edited:

rdrfronty

Enlightened
Great work! Simply amazing. :twothumbs

rdrfronty, was your TK61vn boosted to 6.5A? Because the sales thread stated they were boosted to about 5.75A.
Truthfully I never tested the amps on it. But I always understood Vinh drove them to about 6.5A. Perhaps Vinh will stop by and enlighten us.

rdrfronty

Enlightened
Awesome:bow:,thank you for the time and effort!!! Out of the pics,the BTU and x60vn really SHOUT OUT at being walls of light,that x60vn is out of this world:D

Fantastic job rdrfronty and your bro:twothumbs:twothumbs
The X60vn never fails to impress me ever time I use it. It truly lights up a path wide and far. And the BTU Supershockers have always been favorites of mine. What they do with the LED's is amazing.

Hot Brass

Enlightened
Great job!! I am not too familiar with some of those lights, but I think the HD2010 and the Xsearchervn are single cell lights ( any others?)....which did a pretty good job against the big dogs!! Thanks,HB

rdrfronty

Enlightened
The HD2010 stock comes with a xml and is driven with a single 26650. This one had a dedomed xpg2 installed and amps boosted.
The Xsearcher is a single 18650 light. That one is one if Vinh's latest creations. He has a big thread on it.

Hot Brass

Enlightened
The HD2010 stock comes with a xml and is driven with a single 26650. This one had a dedomed xpg2 installed and amps boosted.
The Xsearcher is a single 18650 light. That one is one if Vinh's latest creations. He has a big thread on it.

Thanks! I have a XsearcherVN coming. Any flood beams of the XS? Thanks, HB

rdrfronty

Enlightened
The Xsearcher isn't a flood to zoom type light. It's all zoom. The head does screw in and out, but only enough to adjust the focus.

caddylover

Flashlight Enthusiast
very nice job, thank you for the effort! It's great to have a comparison like this when deciding on your next purchase
I own a K40vn and a BTU supershockervn, both awesome. But, that X60 is crazy:)

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks a bunch for that work, been looking at getting one of vinh's creations but couldn't decide, this helps a lot. Would love to see them all in person.

blerkoid

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the beamshots!
I would have liked to see the tk75vn KT in there. (Just sent mine for modding)

For the first shots you were standing at the light and the second set was 75m away from the board?
The wording confused me a bit.

rdrfronty

Enlightened
Thanks for the beamshots!
I would have liked to see the tk75vn KT in there. (Just sent mine for modding)

For the first shots you were standing at the light and the second set was 75m away from the board?
The wording confused me a bit.
Well the two different distances is because we had two cameras. I stood with the lights and my camera 625m from the target. And i took a full set of shots. However my brother was standing about 75m from the target, slightly off to the left(keeping him out of my shots) and he had his own camera taking the close up shots. So both sets we done at the same time by two cameras and at two distances.