Scorpion just blew a lamp for the first time!

FNG

Enlightened
I got it a few months before summer 02' and just blew my first lamp last night. When I got it, I was a little unsure because Streamlight says it would only last 5 hours on intermittent use, which is wrong. Ive had over 12 sets of batteries in it with no problems. All of this with it being used a few minutes at a time. It happened when I was splitting a 223 last night and put it in the Scorpion to test it. After I got it in, I twisted the head a few turns, and clicked the switch, the bulb flashed. I knew what happened. I put in the extra bulb that was supplied (good thinking, Streamlight) and all was working well again. I think it blew because the new batteries had too much voltage.

Although the Scorpion has proven that its worth the money, im looking to get a G2, E2e, or Triad. Its showing its age after 8-9 months of use. I would recommend this light to anyone. Its cheap, durable, and works every time.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Just shows you that one light alone can leave you in the dark without warning. If you need light, you need two lights.

Al

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Scorpion and would agree. The Streamlight Scorpion vs. Surefire G2 issue is really a matter of personal preference and what its intended use is to be, IMO. Also, here we have another great piece of advice from Al. But you know you are a flashaholic when you have a light, a backup, a backup for your backup, a backup for your backups backup, and so on.
grin.gif
Seriously thought, always carry a backup. I have been glad I did many times.

-Mike

FNG

Enlightened
Ive got the Surge, 2L, Inova X5 Tactical (backup), and Arc AAA White.
smile.gif

Monsters_Inc

Banned
That's great news, that it far exceeds the 5 hour claimed bulb life. I'll see what I get on my unit whenever I get my hands on that Scorp of mine.... (hint hint PlayboyJoeShmoe.
wink.gif
)

nihraguk

Enlightened
ideally, one of your lights should be a led light like an arc AAA, so bulb failure would not be an issue
smile.gif

FNG

Enlightened
As I said above, I already have the Inova X5-T and Arc AAA White. I was just pointing out to the people who dont get the Scorpion because of the 5 hour runtime.

Latest posts