Tk61 170000cd?

GillBates

Newly Enlightened
Do all Fenix tk61's come with a 170000cd intrnsity? I'm about to order one and just want to make sure that I get a nice "cool white" light.

Thanks

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that's the reported spec for the CW. NW would be a bit less.
My new TK75 doesn't appear to live up to spec (119500cd) however, still a great light though.

GillBates

Newly Enlightened
Well I'm not too concerned I just want a higher intensity looking type light. I've been to the website and found that 170000 looks about standard. By the way where is a good site to buy this light. I've seen thet have fenixtactical.com fenix-store.com fenix lighting.com which one is best or does. It not matter?

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're after the XML2-U2, cool white.
Fenix-store look good to me.

GillBates

Newly Enlightened
That's what I'm thinking. Either way both are bright just one looks brighter. Guess ill go with fenix-store thanks for the info. Btw what's up with amazon and the tk61 4 18650 batteries and charger for $216

RemcoM

Enlightened
Ive heard, and have some friends, who are extremely dissapointed in the TK61 they received, because they saw no difference in intensity at the turbomode, with the TK75 also on turbo, and some of them only measured not even 100 kcd at turbo.

They called it, like a TK75 with 2 defect leds. So they send it immeadiately back.

So, whats really wrong with this light, like some persons reported, and with alot of other flashlights?

Why aere most lights well below the manufacterer number of kcd? Why is this?

I really hate this. When i buy a light that has manufacterer listed 180 kcd, i want 180 kcd, not 100 kcd, therefore you have the TK75, which is also faar below 92000 kcd(old version)

Mine has only 70000 kcd, i guess, hope im wrong.

Can somebody explain this, why most flashlights are well below the manufacterer state of kcd?

kj2

Flashaholic
Ive heard, and have some friends, who are extremely dissapointed in the TK61 they received, because they saw no difference in intensity at the turbomode, with the TK75 also on turbo, and some of them only measured not even 100 kcd at turbo.

They called it, like a TK75 with 2 defect leds. So they send it immeadiately back.

So, whats really wrong with this light, like some persons reported, and with alot of other flashlights?

Why aere most lights well below the manufacterer number of kcd? Why is this?

I really hate this. When i buy a light that has manufacterer listed 180 kcd, i want 180 kcd, not 100 kcd, therefore you have the TK75, which is also faar below 92000 kcd(old version)

Mine has only 70000 kcd, i guess, hope im wrong.

Can somebody explain this, why most flashlights are well below the manufacterer state of kcd?

I wonder how you measured this? What equipment are you using to read the intensity? And there are many factors which can influence the output.

ven

Flashaholic

I have 2 conclusions,your friends all bought defective lights,or they dont understand about the tk61,i guess the latter.
The standard tk61 is 1000lm,around 1/3lm of the tk75,both light are completely different.The tk75 offers good throw and good flood,so a good all round light.The tk61 is specifically for throw(admittedly you do get a bonus of useful flood too). Completely different reflector/head,far deeper and larger for throw...

I guess maybe they expected too much........dont know,but unless they have around 500-800m clear distance,armed with both lights,they may not see the tk61 benefit.At 200yds though the hot spot should be more intense..........

RemcoM

Enlightened
I wonder how you measured this? What equipment are you using to read the intensity? And there are many factors which can influence the output.

Hi kj2,

I not measured it, held my old TK75 side by side with my TK60 800 lumen, 55000 kcd shining at the wall of my house, and they look equally bright.

No, a friend have a lightmeter.

RemcoM

Enlightened

Mine TK61 is perfect, i guess over 170 kcd, and hotspot looks more than 3 times as bright than my old TK75.

I have 2 conclusions,your friends all bought defective lights,or they dont understand about the tk61,i guess the latter.
The standard tk61 is 1000lm,around 1/3lm of the tk75,both light are completely different.The tk75 offers good throw and good flood,so a good all round light.The tk61 is specifically for throw(admittedly you do get a bonus of useful flood too). Completely different reflector/head,far deeper and larger for throw...

I guess maybe they expected too much........dont know,but unless they have around 500-800m clear distance,armed with both lights,they may not see the tk61 benefit.At 200yds though the hot spot should be more intense..........

ven

Flashaholic
Hi kj2,

I not measured it, held my old TK75 side by side with my TK60 800 lumen, 55000 kcd shining at the wall of my house, and they look equally bright.

No, a friend have a lightmeter.

Tbh if i shine any light over 500lm on a wall close up they all look bright,eyes ere not the best judgement as will adapt(like auto on a camera but far more advanced)

Shine the tk75 and tk61 400yds down the line,maybe a tree,then you will get a better idea.Both up close will overload and look probably similar although i can noticeably tell the tk61 is a far more concentrated hot spot,a lot smaller(obv) than the tk75.

I recommend some better testing,long distance,the longer the better:thumbsup:

Capolini

Banned
Before I got the TK61vn[622Kcd] I was contemplating either the TN32 or the TK61. I got the TN32[1700 Lumens w/ 230/240Kcd] compared to the TK61 with 1000 lumens and 170Kcd. It was an easy decision.Besides the additional output you have 6 modes instead of 4,not counting strobe.

Now I have both,,Stock TN32 and Modded TK61vn!! Again, these lights in stock version are about the same price. Compare the OUTPUT of the two and it is an easy decision in that respect! :)

langham

Enlightened
I am not sure you guys understand how small the difference is between 140-170kcd it might as well be negligible. I highly doubt that any model of this light is putting out less than 100kcd look at the diameter of the reflector vs. the die surface area. You would have to be driving it less than 2A. I agree that the TN32 is a better light for several reasons, first being UI and it has a better design and is being driven harder so that you get more lumens and useful spill.

ven

Flashaholic
I am not sure you guys understand how small the difference is between 140-170kcd it might as well be negligible. I highly doubt that any model of this light is putting out less than 100kcd look at the diameter of the reflector vs. the die surface area. You would have to be driving it less than 2A. I agree that the TN32 is a better light for several reasons, first being UI and it has a better design and is being driven harder so that you get more lumens and useful spill.

I agree to an extent but 30kcd which is the difference is quite significant 100s of yards away.
Cant comment on the tn32 UI as dont have it,does look superb though.
I like the fenix UI,in fact it is one of my favourite with the separate power,simple,no accidental modes,but better design is a personal choice,everyone has different preferences to best or better UI
I am still a "jury out" on the tn lights long term reliability and build,but no doubt i will end up with a tn light at some point

:thumbsup:

ven

Flashaholic
Too add i have the same tk61vn as roberto,and it is an outstanding light,completely blows you away with the mods done.I am not sure on the standard tk61,but valid points on the standard versions of the tn32 and tk61,as the tn32 on paper is the better performer......

langham

Enlightened
I have the TN31, and TN30 both I modified, but even stock they are very reliable and well built. I take apart all of the lights that I buy including Fenix lights, and on the outside the Fenix looks higher quality, but where the rubber meets the road, ie: thermal paths, and drivers. The TN series is outstanding. I hate when manufacturers glue on heads and Fenix has a tendency to do this, it just annoys me. My work uses Fenix products exclusively so I have to deal with them, but I have a PD22, PD20, and a Thrunite Archer1C, guess which one I keep on my hip. The one with a rechargeable battery, and a stainless steel bezel. Not cracking on Fenix, I just like the Thrunite lights more, although my original TN31 did have a package cover on the back of the copper star that acted as a thermal barrier, didn't matter to me because I was modifying it, but that would be horrible for most people.

ven

Flashaholic
I think out of the tn lights,the tn35 is really appealing to me at the moment,but the tn35vn at around 3500lm.

What holds me back is having the tk75vn,i know different lights,but pretty much similar purpose of flood/throw.

Will get one though,just not yet:)