• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB: Turnkey 5761 Incandescent...

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have two 32650 LiFePO4 cells at home gathering dust.

I've always wanted a "cool" incandescent with 100% CRI.

Philips 5761 is cheap and plentiful.

Who has a turnkey "D" size Maglite with an aluminum medium orange peel reflector,
G4 socket, etc. they will sell me?

I'd also be open to something "C" size but would want it to have resistance mods done to it
and for it to use a cheap bulb that

a) Does not cost an arm and a leg
b) Is easy to find / does not require special ordering / can easily be found on the Internet

Here is a link to Lux's famous tests:

Link

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll likely have one arriving today. If I do i'll give you a PM. I've already got one and I think I might have a duplicate in a large lot of stuff i bought off of a fellow Incan CPF'er that wouldn't split it up. lol. Tracking should have it here today.

Now that being said. Fivemega offers some of the best stuff around (as i'm sure you know). So if he's got something he's offering you it's likely more impressive than what I have coming.
4 of my favorite hotwire hosts came from him, as well as a large majority of other components. Sockets, reflectors, Battery Holders, etc.

Last edited:

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Roger that, and thanks for the post.

1) My thinking it over is in no way intended to be a slight to FM. I really want just one hotwire, and I see nothing wrong with
scoping out the field to see what else is available before committing.

2) Could you please email me instead of PM? I am definitely curious (and appreciative).

Email is much easier for me to manage.

:)

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll likely have one arriving today. If I do i'll give you a PM. I've already got one and I think I might have a duplicate in a large lot of stuff i bought off of a fellow Incan CPF'er that wouldn't split it up. lol. Tracking should have it here today.

Now that being said. Fivemega offers some of the best stuff around (as i'm sure you know). So if he's got something he's offering you it's likely more impressive than what I have coming.
4 of my favorite hotwire hosts came from him, as well as a large majority of other components. Sockets, reflectors, Battery Holders, etc.

Please let me know what you do/do not have. :)

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
"I have two 32650 LiFePO4 cells at home gathering dust."

Not gonna be particular bright and white driving a 5761 at that voltage. Bulb life would be excellent, however.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Agreed.

May go for one "D" model for long runtime and one "C" model with 2x18650 for bright white light.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
PM replied.

I checked again and a 2D Mag won't work with my two 32650 cells.

They are too long.

A 3D Mag would work, and while I could use either two 18650 or two 32650,
I feel it is just too big.

I think 2C Maglite with two 18650 in series is the best bet.

fivemega can get me what I want, but it will take some cobbling together.

Still hoping someone has a turnkey 2C Maglite with Philips 5761.

I found a metal reflector in my collection with a removable cam.
I have a 2C Maglite.
I have an extender to run two 18650 in a 2C...:popcorn:

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hallis, thanks for the PM.

I am going to let this thread sit for another few days, maybe a week, and then email fivemega and see what he can cook up. :)

I will keep you posted.

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is possible to squeeze two 32650s into a 2D M@g if you use an AW soft start switch. I run this and it is an excellent setup. For longer run time at bright and white (especially if you go 2x18650s) try the WA1111 bulb. The 5761 is hell on 18650s.

Five Mega has an excellent M@g 2s2p setup (I have one) that will allow you to use 4x18650s. That will drive the 5761 very long and hard with the right cells. It also has a charge port. :cool: I think he still had a couple in stock last I recall. EDIT!: I just remembered that the 5761 (which would obviously need a bi-pin adapter) will melt the stock switch that comes with this FM2s2p light. It needs a ceramic socket to work well with the 5761.

Last edited: