Questions about dereelight xsearcher and fenix rc40

likeabossbfg

Newly Enlightened
I want to know if dereelight xsearcher is great like other people say.Will it work at day as a tatical flashlight or only at night?Which is the best tactical flashlight brand?And why fenix rc40 works only 700 meters while xsearcher works at more than 800 meters?And how many lumens do dereelight xsearcher have?I just can't find this information.

Thanks,likeabossbfg :popcorn:

Roger Ranger

Enlightened
Hi Like,
I think that I am about 1/2 step ahead of you in the flashaholic world. Lumens vs candela. You really want both and you usually get one or the other.
The Dereelight Xsearcher is as great as people say. It is ALL THROW. It has an aspheric lens that shapes the light beam, rather than a reflector. It is like an old movie projector. You can focus it on a wall and actually see the image of the emitter on the wall. No spill. The focusing ring does not change the spill or throw; just focus. It is a beautiful, well made light with limited applications, such as coyote hunting or blinding your neighbor at a distance. Otherwise it is a really cool novelty. You should look at the Thrunite TN32. It's got great throw, good spill, and a ton of lumens. Also, it is new and being talked about.

likeabossbfg

Newly Enlightened
Hi Like,
I think that I am about 1/2 step ahead of you in the flashaholic world. Lumens vs candela. You really want both and you usually get one or the other.
The Dereelight Xsearcher is as great as people say. It is ALL THROW. It has an aspheric lens that shapes the light beam, rather than a reflector. It is like an old movie projector. You can focus it on a wall and actually see the image of the emitter on the wall. No spill. The focusing ring does not change the spill or throw; just focus. It is a beautiful, well made light with limited applications, such as coyote hunting or blinding your neighbor at a distance. Otherwise it is a really cool novelty. You should look at the Thrunite TN32. It's got great throw, good spill, and a ton of lumens. Also, it is new and being talked about.

Yeah, it sounds great, but i saw some videos and it appear to be very weak, and it just have 1 led,while dereelight xsearcher have 4 leds. I was looking for a flashlight that I can use for self defense,hobbie and when i'm with my cousin in a small city house?And a last question how many lumens do x searcher have?I'ts hard to find the perfect flashlight, because i'm from brazil and here everything is to expensive.Thanks :grin2: