To all fenix TK61 owners: How long can you use instant turbo?

kj75

Enlightened
Mine goes off, sometimes after a second, other time after 10 seconds. Batteries all full.

Strange thing is, when you, after activating, press the mode button or both buttons and hold it, it stays on untill you release the mode button.

Please let me know your experiences, thank you!

metalhead69

Enlightened
Mine does that too.
I have a VN mod and thought maybe that was why.
If I hold the switch at just the right angle it will stay on until I release the switch.
Holding the switch down normally it stays on anywhere from 1 second to about 5 seconds.

kj2

Flashaholic
From what I remember, I could use the Instant Turbo from off as long as I want to. Batteries are still charging, but will check this afternoon/evening.
Question that does come to my mind; How long can I use this 'momentary' Instant Turbo? because with my TK76- if I use momentary Turbo, after 15 seconds or so
I can release the button and it still runs on Turbo.

RemcoM

Enlightened
From what I remember, I could use the Instant Turbo from off as long as I want to. Batteries are still charging, but will check this afternoon/evening.
Question that does come to my mind; How long can I use this 'momentary' Instant Turbo? because with my TK76- if I use momentary Turbo, after 15 seconds or so
I can release the button and it still runs on Turbo.

Hi kj2,

is instant turbo useless? I think so, what is the meaning of it?

You can acces turbo simple by remembering the turbomode, by pressing on/off?

metalhead69

Enlightened
That's what I thought. So then I thought I had a faulty switch but Vinh checked it out and said the switch was fine. It's not a major deal but would be nice if it did what it said it would.

kj2

Flashaholic
Hi kj2,

is instant turbo useless? I think so, what is the meaning of it?

You can acces turbo simple by remembering the turbomode, by pressing on/off?

It gives you the choice of having the normal mode-selection on low/med for example, but still having Turbo one click away. You don't have to use it, just a handy feature to have.

kj2

Flashaholic
So, batteries are full and thrown them in my TK61. From off > hold down power button for 'Instant Turbo > works for 5/10/15 seconds (and longer) and continuous running.
Light doesn't stay on after holding the power button for 5/10/15 seconds. Something what the TK76 does.
While pressing the power button for Instant Turbo and then also pressing the mode-switch, doesn't do anything to the light. Light doesn't turn-off or switches mode. When I release the power button, the light turns off.

After seeing your video, and testing my light, I'd say you have a faulty light.

ven

Flashaholic
Right done testing and results.

From off holding the power it comes on then goes off(same as or similar to vid)
From on in any mode,holding power it goes to turbo,then goes back to the previous mode,keeping hold back to turbo etc etc

From off,holding the mode button goes to strobe,then sos and seems to stay in sos after releasing button.

My summary is a glitch,probably a batch............

Luckily it does not bother me as i dont really instant turbo as i am not too keen on holding the button.
I am more a select the mode and leave it there kind a guy 90% of the time.

Im just looking at it that it has its own personality :laughing:

The tk51 has instant turbo from power and works fine,although it again is hardly used........

So we have a standard tk61 and 2x tk61vn that have this "glitch".............so far

kj75

Enlightened
From on in any mode,holding power it goes to turbo,then goes back to the previous mode,keeping hold back to turbo etc etc
One test left Ven: hold the power button till turbo mode comes on and after that hold the mode button....

ven

Flashaholic
One test left Ven: hold the power button till turbo mode comes on and after that hold the mode button....

Ok give me a little time:D will check it for you:thumbsup:

ven

Flashaholic
Righty did a few tests

Holding power for turbo then pressing the mode keeps the turbo on,it will stay on with both pressed or letting go of the power and just holding the mode button...........turbo.

If i release any buttons then light goes out.........

I did a few tests then with just power
1st time i had turbo for around 5 seconds
2nd time about 3 seconds
3rd about 5
4th about 2
so no consistency or anything timed (no 5 second burst each time for consistency for example)

So if required a way around would be holding power for turbo,then holding mode and releasing power,this will maintain turbo for......well i dont know i let go after about 20 seconds as was satisfied if i wanted instant turbo i could "almost" have it:thumbsup:

kj2

Flashaholic
Righty did a few tests

Holding power for turbo then pressing the mode keeps the turbo on,it will stay on with both pressed or letting go of the power and just holding the mode button...........turbo.

If i release any buttons then light goes out.........

I did a few tests then with just power
1st time i had turbo for around 5 seconds
2nd time about 3 seconds
3rd about 5
4th about 2
so no consistency or anything timed (no 5 second burst each time for consistency for example)

So if required a way around would be holding power for turbo,then holding mode and releasing power,this will maintain turbo for......well i dont know i let go after about 20 seconds as was satisfied if i wanted instant turbo i could "almost" have it:thumbsup:
I'm seeing this as a faulty light. Which it probably is. Maybe it doesn't bother you, but it shouldn't act this way. :)
kj75 has contacted Fenix, so lets wait on their answer on this.

ven

Flashaholic
I'm seeing this as a faulty light. Which it probably is. Maybe it doesn't bother you, but it shouldn't act this way. :)
kj75 has contacted Fenix, so lets wait on their answer on this.

Yes glitch/fault but it does not effect my use in anyway,tbh i would have probably never known if not for this thread..........

Also its modded not standard so fenix wont be interested in my personal light unlike kj75s :thumbsup:

If i ever do need it i can use the method of power then mode............

kj75

Enlightened
Thanks guys so far...From 5 lights I've heard of, 4 are faulty....The only lucky man is kj2 ;)
Looking forward what Fenix' solution for this problem will be....keep you posted....

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
>How long can you use instant turbo?

No problem for me.

I tried once and I held it down for about 1 minute.
Then a second time for about two minutes.

(Translate with Google Translator)

Capolini

Banned
Thanks guys so far...From 5 lights I've heard of, 4 are faulty....The only lucky man is kj2 ;)
Looking forward what Fenix' solution for this problem will be....keep you posted....
Mine is moddded,but has the same UI,,,,,,,,I hold it down and it stays on for a few seconds.

This really does not matter to me. I only use the light on max and high,then strobe when a car comes! I do not need instant turbo because I am already there!!!

Even if you have to cycle through the modes,how long does it take to do that? I bet b/w 1 and 1.5 seconds is all it would take.:)

Obviously this does not make a difference to me. Obviously to others, it may or we would not have a thread about it!! :D

kj75

Enlightened
Emailed Fenix and they said this problem is only with low voltage....I don't agree with that...
Otherwise the light has to shut off when you're pressing and holding the mode buttun, after de power button, too.
But if you do that, turbo stays on until you release...

kj75

Enlightened
Obviously this does not make a difference to me. Obviously to others, it may or we would not have a thread about it!! :D

I like this function, it is a kind of momentary-on for me. Hoping that from now on all big Fenix lights this function will have....

ven

Flashaholic
I am with roberto,makes no odds to me,admittedly its still a glitch/fault and fenix is wrong saying voltage,if the case how come i can select turbo manually and hold(rephrase that to just selecting it without holding any button as not clear ) it for............well a long time.

Also holding the mode button gets around the glitch,so again wrong as you say kj75

Last edited: