Newbie intro

Jim_F

Newly Enlightened
All my life I've been fascinated with lights, and then I stumble upon this website. I knew I was in trouble. Up til now I've only owned Maglite products but because of you enablers I've just ordered a Surefire L4 and L5. I kept seeing "buy them both" over and over, so I did. So far I enjoy what I see and look forward to lurking and possibly contributing when and if my knowledge allows. I've learned a lot already, I'm just worried about the Mastercard. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

paulr

Flashaholic
Heh, if you're into Surefires, next you're going to want an M6 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jim F. Welcome to the most illuminating forum around. That is a good start to "buy em both" just set up a paypal account and your mastercard will breath easy even if your bank hyperventilates.

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jim,

Thanks for introducing yourself. You're welcome here! We look forward to having you "contribute," even if it's just to ask a question. These forums thrive on questions.

Paul

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF. Before you know it you will have lights coming and going almost daily (naturally with more coming than going though.) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Mike

Darell

Flashaholic
Hi Jim -

Wow! What a way to start. L4 and L5? There's no looking back now! Hang onto your hat and hang onto your wallet.

Welcome to the bright side. See ya around.

JanCPF

Enlightened
Jim,

Welcome to CPF. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif In case you don't already know: Both the L4 and the L5 can be run in full regulation for about 45 minutes (maybe a little less for L5) on a rechargeable Li-Ion battery. You need a couple of Pila 168S and a Pila charger. It'll cost you about $100 and you can then really start enjoying those wonderful photons that shoots out of your Surefires. "Guilt free lumens!" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jan

B@rt

Flashaholic
welcome.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif