olight i3s problem

dawgnation

Newly Enlightened
I have to twist the head 3 or 4 times to get it started changing modes once I get I going it works great. I've cleaned it relubed it and even applied deoxit to the contacts. If anyone has anymore ideas I would appreciate it. Thanks!

N_N_R

Enlightened
Hm.... does it happen every time? I've had this happen with mine but very rarely and it "catches" after the 2nd twist usually.... never thought when exactly it happens, though. I think it occurs when I've just lubed mine.. Those are great lights, I've ordered my 5th one. I hope everything goes well with yours. Are you sure there isn't TOO much lube on it?

Blue Steel

Newly Enlightened
I notice mine does the same, but only when the battery is about depleted.

N_N_R

Enlightened
I notice mine does the same, but only when the battery is about depleted.

Yes, that's true!! I forgot about that, but now that you said it, mine does the same when the battery's almost dead - it stays on the first/med/20lm mode.

dawgnation

Newly Enlightened
It happens most the time I went pretty easy on the lube battery may be pretty depleted. Other than this little problem I love the light. I'll try a new battery. Thanks for all the help guys. Normally when mine is about dead it won't go on high. But its still worth a try.

swan

Banned
What i have found is when the amb temp is under 16c it takes many attempts to get to high. I dont have any problems in summer or if its kept in my pocket, [cycles perfectly] i use a aaa eneloop. My light has done this since day one, but i like and use this little guy all the time.

dawgnation

Newly Enlightened
I use l92s and have the same problem. I'm like you though I love that little light lol just a pain in the butt sometimes.

wings400

Newly Enlightened
On my i3s I could not change modes for about 3 months, only the first mode was working. Then suddenly after using the light constantly for about an hour, after turning it off, suddenly the next time I could change modes... weird :poke:

N_N_R

Enlightened
I received my third Olight i3s today... this time black. previously I had gold and red. The newest one's tint is a little bluish, though. Also, despite lubricating it, it doesn't twist as smoothly as the previous ones and is somewhat gritty. The finish /maybe only of the black ones?/ doesn't feel that metal, it's more... textured somehow.. maybe only noticeable in comparison to the other ones. Also the serial number's located at a different place- this time under the "i3s EOS" down the head. Previously it was on top of the head (closer to the lens).

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hate twisties with a passion, quite happy for them to twist for mode change but as an edc they are a nightmare. The only twistie i never get a problem with is ironically my Itp3 the rest are just trouble and should be given back to Noah for his Ark.

N_N_R

Enlightened
I hate twisties with a passion, quite happy for them to twist for mode change but as an edc they are a nightmare. The only twistie i never get a problem with is ironically my Itp3 the rest are just trouble and should be given back to Noah for his Ark.

Sure..... Since that makes you happy... :D

Perhaps we'll actually see those twisties in the next movie about Noah, lol

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received my third Olight i3s today... this time black. previously I had gold and red. The newest one's tint is a little bluish, though. Also, despite lubricating it, it doesn't twist as smoothly as the previous ones and is somewhat gritty. The finish /maybe only of the black ones?/ doesn't feel that metal, it's more... textured somehow.. maybe only noticeable in comparison to the other ones. Also the serial number's located at a different place- this time under the "i3s EOS" down the head. Previously it was on top of the head (closer to the lens).

Maybe it is a fake? A cheap copy or clone?

N_N_R

Enlightened
Maybe it is a fake? A cheap copy or clone?

I thought about the same, actually, but I don't ... know how to know if it's a fake. Moreover, I bought one of my previous i3-s from that seller... Apart from those differences it looks very much like my previous i3s. It comes in that typical box, two o-rings, spare battery.. everything looks the same.

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe check with Olight to see about the serial number being authentic? I just checked mine. The imprinted serial number matches up in alignment with the Olight. The serial number is at the tip of the twisty bezel and the Olight is at the bottom portion of the twisty head. The back also has both items imprinted in alignment.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sure..... Since that makes you happy... :D

Perhaps we'll actually see those twisties in the next movie about Noah, lol

The film makers are welcome to them.2014 and some muppet makes a light which is silly to use one handed,put a proper switch on lights you planks.

realista

Enlightened
i have the same problem with my unit. i can't change mode... it only start with medium. sometimes i try 5,8, 13 times before to switch to the next mode......... but i NOTICED that usind my 10440 efest IMR about 95% of times work ok...... no mode problems. it sound strange no? nimh = problems li-ion = all ok

swan

Banned
i have the same problem with my unit. i can't change mode... it only start with medium. sometimes i try 5,8, 13 times before to switch to the next mode......... but i NOTICED that usind my 10440 efest IMR about 95% of times work ok...... no mode problems. it sound strange no? nimh = problems li-ion = all ok
Try warming in your hands for 30 secs before turning it on.

realista

Enlightened
it does not work, i also tried to warm up usind the initial med mode for 1 minute , but i can't change mode. Just Sometimes if i change battery with another one nimh, modes work for 2 or 3 times and then stop to work.

if i use a lithium 10440 the mode problems disappears in 90% of times.... strange