Ever lost a flashlight and not noticed?

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened
I only have a few (Less than 30 in the house) but in my room / users only around 10, but I cant belive I only just noticed, I cant find my I3s Eos, its not amazing tbh and a nice edc, I got so distracted with the D25cvn Iv been playing with I forgot all about it and only just rememberd?

So have you ever lost a light and not realized for a mounth or two before working out its lost haha....wonder ware it is?

kinda want it back now I know its lost lol!

I wonder if I left it in a box with other lights I sold by mistake or something silly like that?? hmmm

jimboutilier

Enlightened
I guess I consider misplaced different than lost.

I've only ever lost a light I was carrying and of course notice within the day - either when I go to use it or when I empty my pockets at the end of the day. I haven't done this in a long time as over the years I've come to know the shapes, sizes, weights, and features to match with what clothing and carry methods so I don't loose a light.

Other lights are in various locations and I don't see them all regularly. Occasionally one goes AWOL, and it may have been weeks or months since I saw it last. But they don't run away on their own so it usually comes down to myself or another family member misplacing it and it usually turns up as part of looking for it.

Goredoth

Newly Enlightened
That is a shame, not a good feeling I know!

Just recently lost my Streamlight Protac 2L, was my first LED light and it was great for me. Last place I recall seeing it was my misses place but I moved out of there a few months back and only realised I couldn't find it when I needed it about a month ago. She says it's definitely not there and she is pretty good at finding things and keeps the place very organised so I trust her on that so I guess I just lost it on one of the camps I went on over the last few months.

But oh well, I have a PD35 on it's way to replace it so not all is woe!

Good luck finding your I3S EOS!

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup. I totally somehow lost my LD20 q5 and a streamlight microstream at the same time a few years ago. *poof*

bmwproboi05

Newly Enlightened
I lost my PD32UE while in the attic. I was working on the ac, and had the difusser on it. Got down epty pockets and all I had was the diffuser.... Have tried to find it dug up the insulation around, and could not find it...

Sir Lightalot

Enlightened
So far over the years I've lost a Fenix L2D, an LOD, 2 E01s, a Romisen RC-G2, and both a Liteflux LF2x and priceless LF2XT. Have no idea where any of them went, although I have a sneaking suspicion a few of them were stolen. Lord knows how many hours I've spent searching for them. But since most of the time I didn't notice they were gone until a few days later, I had basically no chance of finding them. Oh well, it gave me reasons to buy new lights. But those Liteflux's....man its been years and I still feel like a piece of me is missing. *sobs* Luckily I haven't lost MY i3S yet since it spends most of the time on my keychain but I suppose its only a matter of time. :whistle:

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened
What amazes me the most is not that I lost it, I used to loose things all the time, but that I did not realize I had lost it for about a month. As I cant remeber haveing seen it for at least that amount of time, hope it turns up one day, maybe I iwll find it tomorrow when I tidy my room?

Now though I have a systerm were things are never in non sealed pocekts, i.e they must botton up or have a zip if they are of any value, and I know what pocket ahve what in as I use the same pockets now and have everything locked down tight in a bag or on a locking carbina now, now more loosing things for me!

I feel sorry for all you with lost ones stilll and hope you find them one day!

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
I have definitely misplaced lights around my house before... the best part is when you forget about the light and then it turns up. I lost/found a satin grey E2E for nearly a year, and it was like getting a gift when it turned up! :)

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
No i haven't, but have you thought that it could be as simple as the light wasn't happy, then ran off?

Jk aside, sorry you lost your light.

:tinfoil:

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just lost my convoy m1 mtg2. Thank god! Lol. At least it was my cheapest one. I would have been furious if it were any other one.

Vidar2032

Newly Enlightened
I lost one allmost on purpose... I was on my way to work, and for some reason I wantet to bring my newest DIY torch. While unlocking the car I placed the torch on the roof. I know myself well when it comes to forgetting what I just did. So I said to myself "I will forget that I put my torch on the car roof". So I did. You know that funny feeling you get when you realize that something is wrong, but can't tell what it is?
I was half way to work (approx 20 minutes of driving) before I realized I had forgot the torch on the roof.

It was winter - in Norway - lots of snow. When I got back from work, I start to explore every possible places where this torch might have slided off. Never found it. However, the cellphone I also placed on the roof, the same day, I got back because a person waiting for the bus noticed that something dropped off my car. He sent a message on facebook, and wondered if I had lost a cellphone. So I got that one back :).

Vidar

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I'm so addicted to this hobby, I'd notice. I might forget several days later if I take a light out of my pants on purpose. But I'd notice if I lost one.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Found a Photon Freedom I thought I'd lost. Hadn't seen it in a few months, but it was just in a bag in the car all along. Age makes one forget.

Geoff

y260

Enlightened
About 10 years ago I was in Japan as part of an ambassador program, and I brought an Inova X1 with me. At the time, the Inova X1 was one of the best 1xAA flashlights you could buy, and it had TIR optics which produced this awesome telescopic-like circle beam. I ended up using it maybe two or three times on the trip, but when I got back across the pacific it was nowhere to be found! I tore everything apart looking for it and never found it... I figure some lucky Japanese guy picked it up. It's alright though, I've had many lights since then :whistle:

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went about a year and a half not being able to find my Akoray programmable 1xAA light. Not expensive, but they don't make them with the programmable driver anymore, and it was a crap shoot to get them when they did, it was advertised as a six-mode I think. I knew the last time I used it was as a helmet light to supplement the two XM-L beasts on the bars when I rode to a 4th of July fireworks display. And I knew I had taken it in to check the cell afterwards. It was quite a while before I realized it was not standing with it's pals on a desk, but much longer before it turned up. I looked behind everything, every coat pocket, pulled out couch cushions, the works. Finally, my wife unearthed it when cleaning up in the back of our basement, due to a flood courtesy of a bad float switch, another story. Either me or someone else seems to have grabbed it to go back there, and left it there, turned off, to get buried in a pile of "stuff". Not my style, but I am just glad to have it back, and with the 14500 working like new too.

rwasham

Newly Enlightened
I do this all the time with various items including my lights. It usually results in me ripping apart my house til I find the missing item.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
My convoy m1 mtg2 is GONE! Wtf! So pissed. It's the first flashlight I built, and was a great edc. Time to order arts for another :(