Can i make a Surefire 6PX pro a one mode light?

välineurheilija

Enlightened
So i have a 6px pro 200 lumen version and the question is can i cut or scrape something on the driverboard to disable the lower mode?
I remember reading something about a similar mod here on the forum but i cant seem to find it now and i cant remember what light it was.Feel free to chime in :wave:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well interesting. I am guessing you want it in high only? One way to only get low, is put a weak batteries in. It defaults into low mode. Good luck.

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is a picture of my G2X-C (single mode) board. To me, both look cut but it's hard to tell.

Last edited:

välineurheilija

Enlightened
Thanks for the pic :)
They do look like they are cut but also look different than mine probably because yours is the newer model.

m4a1usr

Enlightened
Thanks for the pic :)
They do look like they are cut but also look different than mine probably because yours is the newer model.

If your handy with a soldering iron all it would take is a couple attempts to get it right. Cut both. Try the light out. If it doesn't work resolder one leg. Try again. All you need is a short length of 32ga or similar copper wire.

Last edited:

välineurheilija

Enlightened
If your handy with a soldering iron all it would take is a couple attempts to get it right. Cut both. Try the light out. If it doesn't work resolder one leg. Try again. All you need is a short length of 32ga or similar copper wire.
I may try that some day :)

nitehead

Newly Enlightened
I cut both traces and now its allways on high like i wanted

Thanks for the update!

Any issues with the tailcap switch after cutting the traces? I can get a 6px pro (200 lumens) for half the suggested retail price but would prefer a single output on high.

So- are there any malfunctions after cutting the traces?