Maglite Packaging.. Different Model number. Different Packaging

den331

Newly Enlightened
Hello please help me what's the difference of this to picture there are both 2D not LED does Maglite had made different versions? thanks

and the other one.
:confused::confused:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Yeah, there have been a few revisions to the LED lineup; if you want the newest one, look for the 2D PRO, that one's significantly brighter than the ones that came before it.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Ah, missed that, they've had so many versions, as you're about to find out:

There are two Maglite bulb socket types, PR and bi-pin, bi-pin is the newer socket type.

There are three Maglite incan bulbs, krypton, xenon, and bi-pin xenon; xenon is the newer bulb type that superseded the old krypton, bi-pin xenon includes an adapter so you can fit it into a PR socket.

Only bi-pin bulbs are being manufactured, the PR bulbs are being phased out.

den331

Newly Enlightened
thank you for that information. i need to buy the PR version before it runs out at wallmart i noticed many Maglites now are LED versions

Jay T

Enlightened
Looks like the lower picture has the ANSI data panel so I would guess it is just a newer designed package.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
The bi-pin version will accept PR bulbs/drop-ins if you remove the plastic bi-pin mount in the socket, but these bulbs are going to get harder to find over time.

And the incan 2D Mag is roughly 40 lumens that declines quickly and hovers closer to 20 lumens for a few hours, the new Mag 2D PRO is 270 lumens steady for about 12 hours.