New: Sunwayman F40A 4xAA falcon series

ChibiM

Enlightened
http://www.sunwayman.com/html/products/201404/152.html

1(26).jpg

Turbo: 880 Lumens (Automatically lower to High mode after 3 mins continuous use)
High: 500 Lumens (1.6hrs.)
Mid: 200 Lumens (5hrs.)
Low: 60 Lumens (13hrs.)
Firefly Mode: 1 Lumen (450hrs.)
Red Light: 28 Lumens (11hrs.)
Blue Light: 20 Lumens (15hrs.)

Not really liking those blue and red leds..
anybody else?

atbglenn

Newly Enlightened
I'm loving my D40A. This has some improvements, but I'm not liking the multi-colored LEDS, less output, and smaller reflector. I do like the carrier-less battery holder, and the switch buttons look nice. I think I'll pass on this one..

ChibiM

Enlightened
It has some characteristics of its sibling, the V25C, which I actually not like that much.
In one word: slippery.

I agree with the ring of colored leds.. somehow it reminds me of those cheap dollar store lights...

kj2

Flashaholic
Right! It's like they're trying too hard to impress us with features we'll never use, sacrificing performance.
I think you've see those color-leds more as a fun-factor. For better performance they already have the D40A.

NorthernStar

Enlightened
I am not so fond of the light having 4xAA batteries. I´d rather see it with 2x18650 or 4x18650 batteries,but otherwise i think it looks like a good light. I like the color LEDs. Let´s see if Sunwayman will have a promotion giveaway on this light, like the usually have when they releases new lights.:)

kj2

Flashaholic
I am not so fond of the light having 4xAA batteries. I´d rather see it with 2x18650 or 4x18650 batteries,but otherwise i think it looks like a good light. I like the color LEDs. Let´s see if Sunwayman will have a promotion giveaway on this light, like the usually have when they releases new lights.:)
Chance of winning that is almost zero ;) so I'm buying it instead.

ven

Flashaholic
I am liking it too,looks kind of stealthy in comparison to the d40a(well apart from the white writing)

Heard nothing but praise for the d40a,if thats anything to go off i am sure this will be a winner!!

Thanks for sharing:D

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm kind of wanting a complete rainbow of colors around the central reflector now lol....

I would totally buy a light that strobed rainbows rapidly. MAKE IT HAPPEN!

NorthernStar

Enlightened

I admit that the chances of winning is not big, but I actually won one light in one of Sunwaymans previous giveaways.:)

Btw, I just saw that Sunwayman now has a giveaway of 3pcs of the F40A at their forum at manufacturers corner.

credo

Newly Enlightened
My D40A is my first 'proper' flashlight, and I have to say I love it, really impressed. I'm not so taken with the F40A, less output and bling coloured LED's doesn't do it for me. Sunwayman seem to be a very good quality brand, I only chanced upon my D40A on Amazon and went for it as it was AA and a very good price. It's a shame the F40A doesn't have higher output and no coloured LED's, but I'm sure it fills a niche in their product line.

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast

Usually it has been around 3 in 150 (1 in 50). Of course, the less interest in people winning the better so I'm not encouraging entry.

Mayor

Newly Enlightened
So maybe we can look forward to a D40A version 2? With no battery holder, improved buttons, and anything else they'd like to throw in. :p

Interest exterior design, looks nice, but I wonder how well it would feel when held/how "grippy" it is.
I also wonder if there would have been any decent way for them to include more than one brightness level for the colored leds, without creating an overly unwieldy UI.

It will be interesting to see some beam shots for the main led vs. some of the other 3/4 aa lights.

Last edited:

ChibiM

Enlightened
Maybe feel is similar to T45C , looks are kind of the same.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Enlightened
So maybe we can look forward to a D40A version 2? With no battery holder, improved buttons, and anything else they'd like to throw in. :p
I would have bought a D40A had it cycled from lowest to highest output instead of the reverse. I hope this new body means there could be a chance for a revised version soon.

Latest posts