Raymonds Cave, Irvington, KY - HID & LED's

stollman

Enlightened
Packed my Barn Burner and a 100W Home-made HID - a bit too much firepower for this cave. Only need to pack a couple 35W HID's. For my GoPro Helmet Cam, supplemented the lighting using a couple 1100 lumen helmet-mounted LEDs with warming filters to change the light from 5000k to 4200k.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR7JWsODpIY

Stollman

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
That was awesome! Whats the story behind the shirtless guy? Did he do the entire 5 hours topless? Are you the guy in the picture at the end on the right with the three lights on the helmet? That was a very polished production. Bravo and thanks for posting!!!

kelmo

stollman

Enlightened
Regarding the topless guy, that is the first time I ever saw anyone go into a cave without a shirt. It's only in the mid 50's in a cave. He didn't go in very far. I was told he also has a high metabolism and easily gets hot (even in a cave).

In the picture slide show, I am the guy in the middle with a purple bandana. I took my helmet off because I look rather silly with a GoPro mounted in the front and an LED headlamp mounted on either side of my head. The other guy you mentioned was also shooting helmet cam footage.

Thanks for the positive comment.

groutboy_1

Enlightened
As much fun as it looks like...I keep thinking about movies like The Cave, and The Decent...So, I usually stay out of caves....