PrincetonTec Attitude problem

Craig720

Enlightened
The bezel on my PrincetonTec Attitude was becoming very difficult to twist. I lubricated it with Radio Shack Lube Gel recommended on this forum.

The Teflon-based lube worked like a charm, but the light refuses to come on at all unless I bear down really hard on the bezel, twisting it ALL THE WAY DOWN. This is difficult if not impossible to do while wearing gloves. It used to light up very easily.

Is there anything I can do about this? I don't see any contacts that could have become mashed down with time.

paulr

Flashaholic
Look for contacts down in the bottom, or call PT about a replacement. It's possible that the little microswitch on the PC board (if it works the same way as the Blast) has gotten crunched down. Or, the little plastic shoulder that pushes into that switch might have gotten worn down.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try replacing the batteries, if you haven't already.

Is it possible the light was dropped and the battery contacts became compressed? On second though that probibly wouldn't be a problem on such a light battery.

GregR

Ig

Newly Enlightened
My Attitude also has this problem - I must use 2 hands and to twist realy strong. Tried to put LED module in Rage body - same thing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Ninja

Newly Enlightened
att.jpg

Link to Attitude switch fix thread on Homemade & Mods forum here