Glowsticks

Tesla89

Newly Enlightened
This might be the wrong place to post this but lazerbrite is a led light. Anyone interested in glow sticks should take a look at them. The military uses them. I do not work for lazerbrite just stumbled upon them.

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like the use a normal 5mm LED but that should be enough as those glowsticks seem to be developed more to be used as a beacon as for a flashlight.

Great idea, I would buy one just out of curiosity.

rayman

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a LifeGear glowstick in green, single mode/"twisty". Uses 3 button cells, bright enough to use as a candle, very long battery life and economical to operate, spare batteries are dirtcheap where I live.
I have a stash of chemlights but the lifegear has relegated them for real emergencies.

prop

Newly Enlightened
Ive got a green lazerbrite, that I use on my buoy, when spearfishing. I like the hi/low/strobe setting and the level of waterproofing it offers.

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
How close to neutral buoyancy are they? Their web-site shows one lying underwater, so I assume they don't float. But close?

To my mind, it's a shame that they don't use a higher-capacity battery. But I can see why they don't, given the configuration they have, and the intention of being able to reverse the end-cap so that it can either shine into the tube or shine outward, flashlight style. What are the run-times on hi, low, and flash?

Any current owners want to guess the lumen output? Since we're looking at a 5mm LED driven off 2032's, I'm thinking it will be more or less like a Photon, so maybe 10-15 lumen tops? (That's for white--estimating lumen on colors is always trickier).

Although I'm not crazy about the battery, I am somewhat tempted....

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw the ad for them as well - interesting idea and I might buy one to play with. Dunno about the military use bit.