Arc AA...I got mine!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received an Arc AA yesterday, and after spending most of the night playing with it, and doing comparisons between it, an Arc AAA, and an Ultra G, I have to say that I'm really sold on this light! The fit, feel and finish are typical of Arc...top-notch! Sidespill light at a distance of about 5 feet is about 2/3 the size of the Ultra G, but considerably whiter. If it isn't any brighter than the Ultra G (I can't say, since I don't have a light meter...), it gives the impression of being brighter because the color of the light output is so much whiter. I still like my Ultra G a LOT...for the price I think it's one of the best pocket lights out there. I'm not gonna split hairs and compare "an eighth of an inch here, and 2 millimeters there..." Both lights have their niche! The Ultra G is, to me, an indestructable work-horse utility light. The Arc AA is a very classy looking and feeling "ooh and aah" type pocket light...and just as indestructable. It's like "Ford pick-up versus Lexus SUV" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif...Anyway, I think that the extra 20 bucks the Arc AA costs (...to me; YMMV...) is well worth it simply for the Arc name and the classy look and feel of this light. There's LOTS of Infinity Ultras out there...but only a few (by comparison) Arc AAs. And one of 'em is MINE!!! Thanx, Peter...

PJD

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
The size difference alone is worth the price difference to me. It fits so much better on a keychain than the Infinity.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
What Neil said,
My AA is on the keychain and it is about as large as I want to go. Very classy light and it just motivates me to purchase more Arcs. LS4 and multiple AAA's are on the list for next year (two weeks away)

Dave Wright

Enlightened
No question, the Arc AA is the class act of the single 5mm LED world. Nothing but lithium batts in mine to further boost the brightness and make it more constant through the battery life.

Your Ultra G still has a use, though. It runs brighter on NiMH than the Arc AA. I use a regular or an Ultra Infinity on NiMH to run my nightlight, but they stay on the nightstand. The Arc is the one I take with me around the house after dark.

M

MavsFan

Yesterday I received an order for an Arc AA that I placed on Wednesday. Wow! Thanks for the quick shipping.

(I was originally concerned about the likelihood of receiving my shipment before Christmas; my order is still in "on hold" status on the website. I guess the busy season makes it difficult to keep the order status page up-to-date.)

If I don't receive the Arc AAA I placed on my Xmas wish list, I'm planning on getting one as soon as they're available again.

I'm impressed with Arc's customer service and with the quality of their product. The AA looks and performs great.

Status
Not open for further replies.