Fenix RC40

RemcoM

Enlightened
Are here any owners of the fantastic Fenix RC40?

I cannot find much here, about the fenix RC40.

Im one of them, and its fantastic, great throw, and huge flood.

Post your impressions of the light here.

Remco

Last edited:

RemcoM

Enlightened
please react, and PM me, if you have the Fenix RC40, and tell something about your experiences with the light itself.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a thought, you would get more views, and certainly more responses, if you gave your own impressions, or at the very least asked a specific question. There are other threads about the RC40 already, and it is hard to see how this thread adds to the discussion as it is now.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Post interesting photos of it. And photos of it in use!

People seem to love that around here. :twothumbs

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
If anyone has one to compare with their headlights, I'm sure RemcoM would appreciate that. :rolleyes:

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
You know, recently I REALLY had an urge to pick up a TK61, but I stopped myself and have been thinking about how much I'd actually use it. While I still need to add a LARGE high output light to my growing collection I don't think it's that necessary. Something like a TK41 xm-l2 still throws really well and isn't as big.

I'd like an RC40, but honestly I think something like that would be TOO much for me. There is no way I wouldn't attract attention to myself using that. At least with the TK61 the light is a fairly tight beam still.

caddylover

Flashlight Enthusiast
You know, recently I REALLY had an urge to pick up a TK61, but I stopped myself and have been thinking about how much I'd actually use it. While I still need to add a LARGE high output light to my growing collection I don't think it's that necessary. Something like a TK41 xm-l2 still throws really well and isn't as big.

I'd like an RC40, but honestly I think something like that would be TOO much for me. There is no way I wouldn't attract attention to myself using that. At least with the TK61 the light is a fairly tight beam still.

You might like the K40. Or, better yet, get the modded version by vinh, K40vn, great throw and medium size. One of my favorites.

ven

Flashaholic
Its a beast of a light:cool: and beautiful pictures as always gopajti........amazing.

The light for you remcoM as in my pm is the x60vn............it looks around the same size as the rc40 but 7500lm of flood and throw.........

Congrats on owning the rc40 remcoM ,looks a great light:twothumbs sorry cant add to actual use:tinfoil:

hikingman

Enlightened
I have an RC40 to which Vinh added new 5,000K XML2 LEDs. I kept the Domes On to keep the nice flood it has. He did not alter the driver circuitry though, so that is completely stock. Plenty bright for me and the tint is very nice, better than the original IMO. I am strongly considering selling it, for the same reason Caddylover gave above - I have too many lights! PM me if interested.

Dave

Red Jacket Mike

Newly Enlightened
I just got a new RC40 today. I plugged it in to charge it, and at first, the four LEDs blinked sequentially as they're supposed to; the manual says it would take 3 1/2 hours for a full charge.

After 30 minutes or so, I noticed that the 4 LEDs were now all on without flashing, so I assumed that the light had a partial charge when it was shipped. I unplugged the charger, and tried to turn the light on, but nothing happens. No power at all. When I plug the charger back in, the 4 charging LEDs are all lit. No sequential flashing.

Do I have a defective unit, or am I doing something wrong? I will leave the charger plugged in for a few hours, and check it again, but it seems strange that the charging LEDs would indicate a full charge and yet the light will not turn on at all.

Thanks for any advice anyone can give. (I purchased this from Amazon, so an exchange should be easy if the unit turns out to be defective).

backblade

Newly Enlightened
I have a Fenix RC40 and on the front of the box by the handle is a notice that says (please be sure to remove the insulation sheets at both ends of the battery before first use).

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
RemcoM, there is literally an 18 page thread on this light. Just type "candlepowerforums rc40" into Google. 1st result.

Red Jacket Mike

Newly Enlightened
I recall the battery has a block at one or both ends for shipping safety. Did you remove those?

Problem solved; I did pull the battery out and found the block at one end only, and removed it, but after reinserting, it was still not working. It turned out that the second block was down inside the cylinder, and wasn't sticking to the battery when I had removed it.

All is working well now. Awesome light.

jbrena

Newly Enlightened
Are here any owners of the fantastic Fenix RC40?

I cannot find much here, about the fenix RC40.

Im one of them, and its fantastic, great throw, and huge flood.

Post your impressions of the light here.

Remco

hi,

i just bought a new RC40.

I have charged and all the 4 blue lights are solid. I have also removed the battery protection caps but I am not able to make it work. it doesnt respond to the on/off switch or the mode switch

Only after pressing randomly the on/off switch (not hold press) it jumps into strobe mode, which then im not able to switch off - i have to remove the tailcap to end it

Do you know if there is anything I have to do? maybe like a reset or something?

It just maybe broken and i would need to return it

many thanks

j